By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Next Gen Xbox Codenamed Scarlet.

Streaming is the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Slightly off topic, but did anyone notice Microsoft using the 360 slogan “jump in” for all their trailers today? They have been using jump ahead all gen but I like they’ve gone back to the 360 slogan. I feel very positive about that.

shikamaru317 said:
Well, now that Starfield is announced by Bethesda and confirmed to be a next-gen game, maybe next gen consoles will release by Holiday 2019 instead of Holiday 2020. We'll have to see. Either way, I'm hyped as hell for next gen.

A title screen makes you speculate that a game is coming out next year? 

Maxosaurus-rex said:
shikamaru317 said:
Well, now that Starfield is announced by Bethesda and confirmed to be a next-gen game, maybe next gen consoles will release by Holiday 2019 instead of Holiday 2020. We'll have to see. Either way, I'm hyped as hell for next gen.

A title screen makes you speculate that a game is coming out next year? 

The XBox One X is in massive discount in some countries in Europe, 499 list price discounted to 349 euro.  Hmmm?

jason1637 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I knew when they didn't show Halo 6 that it was going to be used as a launch title.

Halo Infinite is Halo 6. Takes place 2 years after Halo 5.

No, Halo 6 is Halo 6. Infinite is obviously going to be something like Reach. 

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I knew when they didn't show Halo 6 that it was going to be used as a launch title.

From what I can guess, its probably a holiday 2020 release (no gameplay this year), which would make sense for a next gen console (3 years after release of the X).

I'd prefer it 2019 myself... or hell, even this year, but no later than 2020. If it launches with Halo 6, it's going to be the first time since the original Xbox to launch with a mainline Halo game. Hopefully, Halo 6 rectifies some of the complaints people had with Halo 5 (playing solely as Chief, split-screen co-op etc.) and knocks it out of the part. I want to see that franchise returned to its rightful glory.

shikamaru317 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

The description for the youtube video:

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.

Could be a spinoff focused on Chief I suppose, but it's definitely a Chief game unlike the other Halo spinoffs to date (ODST, Reach, Wars, Wars 2 all feature other characters besides Chief). There is a date on the screen of the warthog, which is 2 years after Halo 5, so it's not a prequel. Also, Cortana's chip is restored when Chief puts it back in his helmet at the end, which may be a tease that Chief manages to save and restore Cortana in Infinite.

I would think if it were an actual sequel, it would be sequential. Halo 5 did not finish the story and both 343 and Microsoft have already said Halo 6 is a thing. I think infinite is the Reach of this generation. A game to hold us over until the launch of the new console and the proper sequel.

AlfredoTurkey said:
shikamaru317 said:

The description for the youtube video:

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.

Could be a spinoff focused on Chief I suppose, but it's definitely a Chief game unlike the other Halo spinoffs to date (ODST, Reach, Wars, Wars 2 all feature other characters besides Chief). There is a date on the screen of the warthog, which is 2 years after Halo 5, so it's not a prequel. Also, Cortana's chip is restored when Chief puts it back in his helmet at the end, which may be a tease that Chief manages to save and restore Cortana in Infinite.

I would think if it were an actual sequel, it would be sequential. Halo 5 did not finish the story and both 343 and Microsoft have already said Halo 6 is a thing. I think infinite is the Reach of this generation. A game to hold us over until the launch of the new console and the proper sequel.

Well, Assassin creed 2 had two sequels and they weren’t numbered. They were brotherhood and revelations respectively. I just think, as western games get more and more sequels, they’ll just continue to drop the numbers altogether. Assassin creed did that starting with unity. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
jason1637 said:

Halo Infinite is Halo 6. Takes place 2 years after Halo 5.

Edit: NVM, I did some reading and it looks like a successor to Halo. Although, I don't think its Halo 6.

Curious to see if plays like an entirely new game with its own multiplayer or if its built off Halo 5, like ODST or Uncharted:TLL.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Based on the trailer, its a prequel. First of all, there is a Halo! It actually resembles the land you crash on in the first Halo game.

Curious to see if plays like an entirely new game with its own multiplayer or if its built off Halo 5, like ODST or Uncharted:TLL.

Whatever it is, I need it. It looks so good. And that music. I almost cried today.