By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Next Gen Xbox Codenamed Scarlet.

TranceformerFX said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

? I don’t think they’re saying that at all.

Yes, they are. If I bought an Xbox One X, I'd be livid about this "Codename Scarlet" bullshit. When Microsoft announces that they are working on the "true" gen predecessor to the X1 when Sony, only a few weeks ago mind you - made a statement that the PS5 is "still a while away" means only one thing:

Microsoft has thrown in the towel this gen by releasing news of their next gen console despite their newest Xbox iteration only being on the shelf for seven months.

They clearly want to get to the next gen phase first. It won't matter though - Sony is in it for the long run and has absolutely NO inclination to rush PS5 news to the market. I'm perfectly content with my PS4 Pro, and have no desire for the PS5 until at least 2020, preferably 2021. 

I brought an X1X and hearing that theres another console in the making does not affect my purchase. . afterall its pretty obvious there making another console regardless if they announce the codename now or 3 years from now. These consoles are normally in development the moment they launched the original XB1 back in 2013.

Plus it now shuts those people up saying MS is leaving the console market and focusing solely on PC etc.

And dont panic, Xbox is also in it for the long run.

Around the Network
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Based on the trailer, its a prequel. First of all, there is a Halo! It actually resembles the land you crash on in the first Halo game.

Curious to see if plays like an entirely new game with its own multiplayer or if its built off Halo 5, like ODST or Uncharted:TLL.

Whatever it is, I need it. It looks so good. And that music. I almost cried today. 

'Almost cried today' Lol, too funny 😀 It does look awesome though.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

WoW, well done Microsoft, after very bad 2017, not better 2018 and 2019 who seems to be a little bit better, you are announcing that you are working on the next generation. I don't know what's for was when current genereation i still here.

Um...Scarlet...not Scarlett

Hmz soo how much is it going to cost and truly how much more powerfull can it be compared to xbx1x?

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Hmz soo how much is it going to cost and truly how much more powerfull can it be compared to xbx1x?

Only Microsoft knows the answer to that. Gotta wait. It’s most likely 1-2 years away. 

TranceformerFX said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

? I don’t think they’re saying that at all.

Yes, they are. If I bought an Xbox One X, I'd be livid about this "Codename Scarlet" bullshit. When Microsoft announces that they are working on the "true" gen predecessor to the X1 when Sony, only a few weeks ago mind you - made a statement that the PS5 is "still a while away" means only one thing:

Microsoft has thrown in the towel this gen by releasing news of their next gen console despite their newest Xbox iteration only being on the shelf for seven months.

They clearly want to get to the next gen phase first. It won't matter though - Sony is in it for the long run and has absolutely NO inclination to rush PS5 news to the market. I'm perfectly content with my PS4 Pro, and have no desire for the PS5 until at least 2020, preferably 2021. 

I do know 3 things.

1. My 2019 prediction is looking more solid as the days go by. 

2. Remember what happened to XBO sales after the announcement of the X? They dropped significantly. Guessing that's going to happen, again, soon. 

3. MS has really taken the "Please be excited" crown from SE. 

thismeintiel said:
TranceformerFX said:

I do know 3 things.

2. Remember what happened to XBO sales after the announcement of the X? They dropped significantly. Guessing that's going to happen, again, soon. 

Ive been #Team2019 all year. I can see at least one launching. Microsoft will probably strike first to get a leg up on Sony. Just my opinion. Both could wait till 2020 but I’m not very confident in that scenario. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
thismeintiel said:

I do know 3 things.

Ive been #Team2019 all year. I can see at least one launching. Microsoft will probably strike first to get a leg up on Sony. Just my opinion. Both could wait till 2020 but I’m not very confident in that scenario. 

Good to have you on the team.

I think MS do want to launch early, since this gen isn't going well for them. Of course, I'm sure Sony is ready for that. I think they have always had 2019 as the planned date, with a chance of launching 2020 if tech didn't quite work out.

I think they have two ways of playing it out. Both involve MS announcing their console first, since they seem so eager to jump to next gen. If their specs are practically the same they could launch in 2019, just so MS doesn't get a headstart. It's a PS, with PS4 B/C (possibly more than just PS4), so it'll sell. Or if they don't care about that, they'll launch it 2020 with slightly improved specs to make it another PS4 VS XBO. It's a PS, but with better specs than the XB2, so it'll sell. Either way, they automatically claim EU and Japan over the XB2. NA is where the battle will rage. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:
thismeintiel said:

I do know 3 things.

Prepare to be disappointed. I could care less when Microsoft releases the Xbox 2 - as we can all assume whatever games release on it will also be on PC lawl.

But regarding the PS5 - it's not coming in 2019. Bookmark this thread if you want to for future reference, but I'm positive the PS5 isn't gonna hit shelves until AT LEAST Nov. 2020.