By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Next Gen Xbox Codenamed Scarlet.

As someone that just bought the XOX, I am very excited to here that they are already working on next gen console*S*. I am very excited to see where they go with this. Could my dream of multiple sku's, across multiple form factors become a reality? If they deliver a $999.99 absolute beast of a console, and a $599.99 Xbox Phone, they can finally take the crown as my ecosystem of choice. Put out a range of devices from $100 1080p/30 to $1,000 4K/60 for Home and Mobile gaming, from streaming to locally rendered, and I think Microsoft will have a serious chance of winning next gen.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

its no big secret ms and sony have been. I bet they want a head start, and gave sony the signal, yep we are too. But I am almost positive that it will not be until 2020, since sony has committed to 2021 which according to some they cant lie about because it had something to do with stocks or something and it was illegal? so i dont know, I feel someone if not both will be in 2020.

xl-klaudkil said:
how much more powerfull can it be compared to xbx1x?

Allot.

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Ive been #Team2019 all year. I can see at least one launching. Microsoft will probably strike first to get a leg up on Sony. Just my opinion. Both could wait till 2020 but I’m not very confident in that scenario. 

Whether 2019 is going to happen we will know for sure at E3 next year.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
They are probably wanting to get a head start on Sony again, worked well for the Xbox 360.

Sony isnt doing a Playstation 5 until 2020.
You think Microsoft will have a Xbox Two (codename scarlet) ready for 2019?

JRPGfan said:
Pemalite said:
They are probably wanting to get a head start on Sony again, worked well for the Xbox 360.

I'll let you know as we get closer to this time next year. ;)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
its no big secret ms and sony have been. I bet they want a head start, and gave sony the signal, yep we are too. But I am almost positive that it will not be until 2020, since sony has committed to 2021 which according to some they cant lie about because it had something to do with stocks or something and it was illegal? so i dont know, I feel someone if not both will be in 2020.

at the launch of a console, you might lose abit of revenue, because of the R&D costs, and manufacturing + shipping ect...
before they are sold to consumers, and they might even sell at a small loss.

“We will use the next three years to prepare the next step, to crouch down so that we can jump higher in the future,”  -  Tsuyoshi “John” Kodera

2018,2019,2020..... in those years profits might drop abit (end of PS4 life cycle) + R&D of PS5 + manufacturing & shipping of PS5's.

It seems like sony is targeting 2020 for a PS5 launch.

Pemalite said:
JRPGfan said:

Xbox One X wont even have 2 full years on the market before Its replaced by a Xbox Two? jeez.

JRPGfan said:
Pemalite said:

Xbox One X wont even have 2 full years on the market before Its replaced by a Xbox Two? jeez.

Who said the X wont be running next gen games?

This was announced way too early. The only reason they did this might be a planned 2019 release which is not a good idea imo.

Kyuu said:
Azzanation said:

Who said the X wont be running next gen games?

That's what I think Microsoft's initial plans were. But X1X's install base is too small to justify holding back a new generation. Early third party games will be cross gen titles compatible with standard X1/PS4 anyway.

Well that depends. Next gen will be focusing heavily on 4k we assume so if the X gets a version they can always down tune next gen games to 1080p versions etc which will save alot of power. Be like running a PC game on Ultra to Low