By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Out of nowhere DEAD OR ALIVE 6 announced!

Hopefully they change the mechanics because dead or alive is a game that rewards button bashing.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Is that the game with disturbingly hot chicks in über sexy super small bikinis and thongs and... oh boy here comes the erection.

Apparently, they're are dropping the sexualization. Thats why Kasumi is in a battle suit to justify her boobs being held in place.

Hiku said:

New default costume for Kasumi?

That's interesting. Also Hayate looks blonde now, but that may just be the lighting.
The close ups/zoomed in punches look cool.

Oh..... that might explain it, I didnt even realise that was Kasumi.

I normally think of her as this:

not in some black combat suit that looks sci-fi..... the design change isnt a good one imo.

I'll wait until they release Dead or Alive 6 Plus Extreme: Final Edition

shikamaru317 said:

It all looks good except or the fact that they toned back jiggle physics and revealing outfits. Revealing outfits at least will be back I'm sure, as DLC, they made too much money from selling revealing outfit DLC for DoA 5 to not do them for DoA 6. Jiggle physics are ingrained in the engine though, we likely won't see them back until DoA 7. Maybe they'll return in the eventual DoA 6 port for PS5 and XB4 at least if enough people complain, DoA 5 Last Round made changes to the engine afterall, mainly to the skin tech to make skin look more realistic.

Starting character roster is meh, but they are announcing more soon thankfully, including new characters. As long as Hitomi and Marie Rose return I'll be happy. 

Did DOA5 have an option to turn jiggle physics off? I think they could do the same for DOA6 if that was the case. We already know they will try to release 1000 DLC costumes.

CrazyGamer2017 said: 

Dropping those amazing hot chicks? Are they mad? Or simply allergic to selling the game and making money? This is madness, this is blasphemy, this is heresy, this is an OUTRAGE!

Around the Network
Xxain said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Is that the game with disturbingly hot chicks in über sexy super small bikinis and thongs and... oh boy here comes the erection.

Apparently, they're are dropping the sexualization. Thats why Kasumi is in a battle suit to justify her boobs being held in place.

They tried to do that with DOA5, but ended up giving in and giving the fans what they wanted. Not sure if this'll broaden their fanbase, but I don't see it happening. They'll cave in when they realize the only way they'll make money is by having sexy DLC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

We need Virtua Fighter 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

That is surprising indeed. I was expecting a new Ninja Gaiden before a new DOA.

HomokHarcos said:
shikamaru317 said:

It all looks good except or the fact that they toned back jiggle physics and revealing outfits. Revealing outfits at least will be back I'm sure, as DLC, they made too much money from selling revealing outfit DLC for DoA 5 to not do them for DoA 6. Jiggle physics are ingrained in the engine though, we likely won't see them back until DoA 7. Maybe they'll return in the eventual DoA 6 port for PS5 and XB4 at least if enough people complain, DoA 5 Last Round made changes to the engine afterall, mainly to the skin tech to make skin look more realistic.

Starting character roster is meh, but they are announcing more soon thankfully, including new characters. As long as Hitomi and Marie Rose return I'll be happy. 

Did DOA5 have an option to turn jiggle physics off? I think they could do the same for DOA6 if that was the case. We already know they will try to release 1000 DLC costumes.

Yes. At least in DOA 5 Last Round. Not sure if that is possible in the last gen versions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U0lxcVKeCc

Hiku said:
Xxain said:

Totally hyperbole. Why dramatize it?

Like every fighting game ever, DOA6 will come with a special meter that when will full will allow you to perform a break combo or a break counter. The meter has to full (so it cant be spammed), It has to be timed, and they can  be countered. It says that.

I think @Angelus is more concerned about the Fatal Rush, not the Break Blow of Break Hold.

The Fatal Rush sounds like an auto-combo, which is fairly common in fighting games these days.
They're in Persona: Arena, Dragonball FighterZ and King of Fighters 14.

It's nothing to get upset over though. Basically what it does is perform a combo (that can end in a Super if your meter is full), allowing beginners to feel like they can achieve some cool moves in the game, before learning to play it more properly.
However, these combos are never optimal. That means that a player who does combos manually will not only be able to do more damage, build more meter, but also create better "set up" situations afterwards. (Where you force your opponent to guess or block an incoming attack after knocking them down)

Basically, someone who knows how to fight normally will always have an advantage over someone that relies on auto-combos.

Pretty much. It's not a deal breaker or anything, I just had to facepalm at the whole reasoning of "well mobile gamers got it easy with so little input, so why shouldn't we simplify all the things."

I mean I personally play very few fighting games, but it's really not very hard to come to grips with the basic mechanics of any of them if you just sit down and play it for a few minutes. What exactly is the lowest common denominator of hand-eye coordination, and basic sense we have to cater to here?