By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Out of nowhere DEAD OR ALIVE 6 announced!

Well from my experience when the opponent keeps performing quick punches even when you block them they still get the next hit and not the blocker.
Hiku said:
Metroid33slayer said:
Hopefully they change the mechanics because dead or alive is a game that rewards button bashing.

There's no proper fighting game that does that. Not if we're talking about people who have a fundamental understanding of the game. Fighting game developers haven't been in this business for decades without knowing about the basics of framedata.

Against people who have a fundamental understanding of the game, throwing out buttons with no plan is generally an extremely risky strategy because many moves are designed to be "negative, or punishable on block".
This is to prevent moves from being abused, whether by so called mashers, and pro players alike.

The latter means that if the move is blocked by the opponent, they are guaranteed to be able to retaliate before the masher can even block. The former means that the defender will be able to act before the attacker has recovered, meaning that if both players hit a button at the same time after the first move was blocked, the attacker will get Counter-hit. In other words, if the masher gets his attack blocked and he tries to attack again, he'll get hit instead, for counter-hit damage.
On top of that Dead or Alive has a parry system that gives the defender more options, but this is a risky tool, and not necessary against a masher.

If we're talking about beginners, then yeah some games reward button mashing more than others. But developers can't really design the game around those people. Instead they give them the tools to learn the game properly with training modes, tutorials, etc.

Around the Network

why arent the girls half naked ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

shikamaru317 said:
kljesta64 said:
why arent the girls half naked ?

SJW's, lol.

And yet, the guys are still half naked. Very uncool. I demand equal treatment! Either everybody is half naked, or nobody!

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

Pretty much. It's not a deal breaker or anything, I just had to facepalm at the whole reasoning of "well mobile gamers got it easy with so little input, so why shouldn't we simplify all the things."

I mean I personally play very few fighting games, but it's really not very hard to come to grips with the basic mechanics of any of them if you just sit down and play it for a few minutes. What exactly is the lowest common denominator of hand-eye coordination, and basic sense we have to cater to here? 

It is indeed strange reasoning. Out of all the main fighting series, I'd say that DoA was already the most beginner friendly. Oh well, doesn't seem like a bad change, skilled players will still be able to easily punish the mashers with counters. 

I thought that was for Smash Bros. :P

You do have a point, though. The fighting mechanics in DOA are not as complicated as say Tekken or Virtua Fighter and are considerably more accessible.

im excited for the game, even though I will kinda miss the over-the-top outfits the ladies usually wear (though DLC might be a thing). It’s a bit ironic, however, people go over the moon with women wearing bikinis or skimpy ninja outfits when the men have it made at times as well. I just hope the DLC isn’t as bad as 5, which was basically sucking the life out of your wallet if you want to see girls show even more skin. Yes it’s optional, but it’s kinda unsettling.

Wish these 3D fighters had actual 3 dimensional fighting, rather than left and right fights.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Angelus said:
twintail said:
All games are announced out of nowhere right?

there are hands on previews with IGN for this.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/08/e3-2018-dead-or-alive-6-first-hands-on-can-team-ninja-balance-familiar-and-fresh

Did anybody read this?

The game director basically says he wanted to build this game for scrubs who are only good at mobile games, built around just tapping the screen or pushing one button.

R1 on PS, and a bumper on Xbox are gonna be a noob button that has you execute super awesome combos if you just spam it, and if you build up a meter with it, you get to do a super fancy power attack/counter. Cool beans.

It's kind of always been that way. easy to perform combo attacks, but more difficult to do specials. Kind of like Soul Caliber.

No sexy lady fighters = no buy from me.

Another MUST HAVE PC title. Didn't get DOA 5, but felt it was FAR too cash grabby. If they chill that crap out DAY1 for DOA 6.

Xxain said:
GoOnKid said:

Why announce it now and not at E³? Lack of confidence?

1. The game is multiplatform, not in collaboration with any of the big 3.

2. Does Koei Tecmo have an E3 showing?

3. E3  is not just the days the the big 3 give their presentation. Its the entire week. So they did announce it at E3.

That's the first time I hear/read/see something like that.

And after checking it, no.

https://www.e3expo.com/

I loved the franchise, I think the second one is my favourite, was fun to unlock so many costumes and I had no internet so I would play survival/Arcade over and over in the hope unlocking more secret costumes. in DO5 you basically have to spend + 1000 bucks to unlock them all :(.