By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA 2K19 also confirmed for Switch

hopefully they fit the game on a cart this time

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Jranation said:
Must have sold well!

Hmm, 810K for FIFA 18, 350K for NBA2K18 according to VGC. Well is something else (FIFA 18 sold 11 million on PS4). But it seems well enough to justify the next entry.

I think compared to other outings on Nintendo consoles, this has done well and has the potential to do even better om subsequent outings as the Switch userbase increases.

routsounmanman said:
Mnementh said:

Hmm, 810K for FIFA 18, 350K for NBA2K18 according to VGC. Well is something else (FIFA 18 sold 11 million on PS4). But it seems well enough to justify the next entry.

With the huge install base difference, and the heavy (especially retail) push towards Sony consoles, not to mention the heavy Sony bias in Europe, 810k is more than well. 

I understand the europe bias and the marketing for Playstation, but at this point we all should be aware, not to overestimate the effect of userbase.

duduspace1 said:
Mnementh said:

I think compared to other outings on Nintendo consoles, this has done well and has the potential to do even better om subsequent outings as the Switch userbase increases.

No, compared to other games this has done especially bad. The two games have sold only 5.5% and 6.7% of the sales on the three major consoles on Switch: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236419

Other games have 15% (Skyrim) or 20-25% (Lego) of their sales on Switch.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Jranation said:
Must have sold well!

Yeah. Ea should be happy enough. And they know that the Switch user base will continue to increase with Smash and Pokemon coming. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

SO what about those people and theories of conspiracy that promised Fifa wouldn't see any launch after 18, and that 18 was mandatory because of contract, etc?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
SO what about those people and theories of conspiracy that promised Fifa wouldn't see any launch after 18, and that 18 was mandatory because of contract, etc?

From some reason some people didn't want to see that Switch is not Wii U.

DonFerrari said:

Well I never bought into that but I didn't think it would sell enough.  And it certainly sold below potential due to the gutted features and non existent promotion for the Switch version (they didn't even have a trailer and gameplay screens on the eshop page).  But apparently sold just enough.  

But this is the NBA2k thread so not sure why you brought it up :P

Hopefully Fifa is at least more feature complete than last time and hopefully 2K19 can actually launch on time physically.

Hope we get WWE 2K19 day and date without the laggy entrances and gameplay this time.

Mnementh said:
routsounmanman said:

With the huge install base difference, and the heavy (especially retail) push towards Sony consoles, not to mention the heavy Sony bias in Europe, 810k is more than well. 

I understand the europe bias and the marketing for Playstation, but at this point we all should be aware, not to overestimate the effect of userbase.

duduspace1 said:

No, compared to other games this has done especially bad. The two games have sold only 5.5% and 6.7% of the sales on the three major consoles on Switch: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236419

Other games have 15% (Skyrim) or 20-25% (Lego) of their sales on Switch.

I was referring to other outings of FIFA soccer and NBA games on other Nintendo consoles particularly in recent times from the Wii. This certainly did a lot better than the Wii U outings which had sales performance given either rightly or wrongly as reasons for discontinuation.

DonFerrari said:

Over a year later, I'm still waiting for a first Madden game on Switch (the biggest sport in Nintendo's biggest territory).  It's not a conspiracy.  It's just expectation of EA to make crappy decisions.

As far as the op goes, I'm very glad to hear it.  My friends and I get together and play a franchise together in NBA2K18 on Switch every week.  I work with one of them, so getting to continue our season on lunch break is awesome.  Very good to hear that its getting a next installment.