By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA 2K19 also confirmed for Switch

People don't seem to understand how these things work. Just look at how many versions of FIFA came out for PS Vita, and compare that to the single Madden game that came out for Vita. It's not the install base that drives the decision over whether or not these annual sports games keep getting made on a platform. It's sales. That's why they made Fifa 14 for the PS2. It kept meeting the sales thresholds to justify the development costs to put it out one more year. As long as the games sell enough copies to justify a profitable development model, they'll keep making them.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 11 June 2018

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

Assumption at beast...

Go search a little more for your pointless attacks or me saying I though Switch had a good reveal.

Yeah, that mean outside of "what you though", all are your criticisms about Nin, OK

Have no idea what you are talking about.

You certainly done a very through research of my almost 17000 posts to see that I only criticize Nintendo and praise Sony. Good luck on you witch hunt.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Yeah, that mean outside of "what you though", all are your criticisms about Nin, OK

You certainly done a very through research of my almost 17000 posts to see that I only criticize Nintendo and praise Sony. Good luck on you witch hunt.

I have no interest in  witch hunt in The Witcher 3, call me when it is normal human hunt instead

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

I have no interest in  witch hunt in The Witcher 3, call me when it is normal human hunt instead

No need, you already do that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

No need, you already do that.

Good, hunting some bias fans of... well you know is my hobby

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
SO what about those people and theories of conspiracy that promised Fifa wouldn't see any launch after 18, and that 18 was mandatory because of contract, etc?

Can you please stop coming into every Nintendo thread and strawmanning Nintendo fans over something some random poster said in a random thread  some random amount of time ago, like it really matters? You're like Don Quixote attacking windmills. Either start calling out specific people and link to their posts or stop swinging at air. It derails the the thread and it's already gotten way old.

burninmylight said:
DonFerrari said:
SO what about those people and theories of conspiracy that promised Fifa wouldn't see any launch after 18, and that 18 was mandatory because of contract, etc?

Can you please stop coming into every Nintendo thread and strawmanning Nintendo fans over something some random poster said in a random thread  some random amount of time ago, like it really matters? You're like Don Quixote attacking windmills. Either start calling out specific people and link to their posts or stop swinging at air. It derails the the thread and it's already gotten way old.

yes so annoying. I am skeptical now to enter nintendo threads with high post count as their a high possibility a large amount of the post by him. ...now if the ignore user feature wasnt blocked behind a paywall i wouldnt have this issue

burninmylight said:
DonFerrari said:

Except most of those threads have some users doing exactly what is being portrayed.

DonFerrari said:
burninmylight said:

Except most of those threads have some users doing exactly what is being portrayed.

Then go to THOSE threads and call out THOSE users THERE. Or private message them. Because until then, you're trying to pick a fight with strawmen that may or may not exist. It's petty and cowardly at best.

Mnementh said:
Jranation said:
Must have sold well!

Hmm, 810K for FIFA 18, 350K for NBA2K18 according to VGC. Well is something else (FIFA 18 sold 11 million on PS4). But it seems well enough to justify the next entry.

Have to start somewhere. Can't expect to steal all the sales in first release. The more consistent releases the more it can grow a fanbase. I'm sure many passed on FIFA for Switch cause they thought it would be a shit port as well as a one and done. It will start to build up a userbase and then people with multiple systems will start to have to consider which system they want to play on cause they have friends on both.