By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA 2K19 also confirmed for Switch

irstupid said:
Mnementh said:

Hmm, 810K for FIFA 18, 350K for NBA2K18 according to VGC. Well is something else (FIFA 18 sold 11 million on PS4). But it seems well enough to justify the next entry.

Have to start somewhere. Can't expect to steal all the sales in first release. The more consistent releases the more it can grow a fanbase. I'm sure many passed on FIFA for Switch cause they thought it would be a shit port as well as a one and done. It will start to build up a userbase and then people with multiple systems will start to have to consider which system they want to play on cause they have friends on both.

Oh yes, I'm personally a big fan of the theory, that game companies can actually form a userbase. On Nintendo-systems it is often left to first-party games to build the userbase for the 3rd-parties to then utilize it. But yes, consistent releases, with good effort (even if it doesn't reach the level of FIFA or NBA on other consoles) will over time build a trusty userbase.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Mnementh said:

Hmm, 810K for FIFA 18, 350K for NBA2K18 according to VGC. Well is something else (FIFA 18 sold 11 million on PS4). But it seems well enough to justify the next entry.

Have to start somewhere. Can't expect to steal all the sales in first release. The more consistent releases the more it can grow a fanbase. I'm sure many passed on FIFA for Switch cause they thought it would be a shit port as well as a one and done. It will start to build up a userbase and then people with multiple systems will start to have to consider which system they want to play on cause they have friends on both.

Considering they are putting the next on it, the numbers are enough to profit on the port.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."