By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA 2K19 also confirmed for Switch

NBA 2K19 is coming to Switch, new retail marketing material has revealed. It seems that we’re on track for a September launch, just like last year.

The NBA 2K franchise returned to Nintendo platforms after being on hiatus for several years. Once 2K Sports published NBA 2K13 on Wii U back in 2012, that was it until last year’s comeback on Switch.

The situation has been similar with FIFA. FIFA titles were missing on Nintendo platforms for several years until FIFA 18 last September. Just a few days ago, we received confirmation that FIFA 19 will be on Switch – just like NBA 2K.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nba-2k19-confirmed-for-switch/

So after Fifa 19 confirmation for Switch, we got confirmation for NBA 2K19 also.

Around the Network

Fifa 19 and NBA 2K19? Im kinda surprised even though I probably shouldn't be.

It's good to see companies steadily supporting Switch. I hope these games sell well enough to warrant new editions yearly.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Seems like 3rd party sales on Switch are doing their job. Hope they have another crack at WWE and actually make a very competent game to make up for the train wreck Switch owners were served last year.

The WiiU at this point was already abandoned as far as these games were concerned. This is a good sign.

Around the Network

Got the world cup update and noticed the improved graphics actually. Clear difference to the original graphics.

Must have sold well!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Good, I guess, but I'd like other T2 games more.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Jranation said:
Must have sold well!

Hmm, 810K for FIFA 18, 350K for NBA2K18 according to VGC. Well is something else (FIFA 18 sold 11 million on PS4). But it seems well enough to justify the next entry.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Jranation said:
Must have sold well!

Hmm, 810K for FIFA 18, 350K for NBA2K18 according to VGC. Well is something else (FIFA 18 sold 11 million on PS4). But it seems well enough to justify the next entry.

With the huge install base difference, and the heavy (especially retail) push towards Sony consoles, not to mention the heavy Sony bias in Europe, 810k is more than well.