By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NBA 2K19 also confirmed for Switch

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:
SO what about those people and theories of conspiracy that promised Fifa wouldn't see any launch after 18, and that 18 was mandatory because of contract, etc?

From some reason some people didn't want to see that Switch is not Wii U.

Still that wasn't about it being Switch or WiiU, but about EA hating Nintendo and just releasing because they were mandated.

Nuvendil said:
DonFerrari said:
SO what about those people and theories of conspiracy that promised Fifa wouldn't see any launch after 18, and that 18 was mandatory because of contract, etc?

Well I never bought into that but I didn't think it would sell enough.  And it certainly sold below potential due to the gutted features and non existent promotion for the Switch version (they didn't even have a trailer and gameplay screens on the eshop page).  But apparently sold just enough.  

But this is the NBA2k thread so not sure why you brought it up :P

Hopefully Fifa is at least more feature complete than last time and hopefully 2K19 can actually launch on time physically.

Yes, it probably sold enough to be a profitable port even if just being a lot lower than PS4/X1. Fifa was mentioned on OP and NBA2K is also released by EA.

Mandalore76 said:
DonFerrari said:

Over a year later, I'm still waiting for a first Madden game on Switch (the biggest sport in Nintendo's biggest territory).  It's not a conspiracy.  It's just expectation of EA to make crappy decisions.

As far as the op goes, I'm very glad to hear it.  My friends and I get together and play a franchise together in NBA2K18 on Switch every week.  I work with one of them, so getting to continue our season on lunch break is awesome.  Very good to hear that its getting a next installment.

Yes sure, EA doesn't launch a game on Switch because they want to lose money and love crappy decisions.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Still that wasn't about it being Switch or WiiU, but about EA hating Nintendo and just releasing because they were mandated.

Nuvendil said:

Well I never bought into that but I didn't think it would sell enough.  And it certainly sold below potential due to the gutted features and non existent promotion for the Switch version (they didn't even have a trailer and gameplay screens on the eshop page).  But apparently sold just enough.  

But this is the NBA2k thread so not sure why you brought it up :P

Hopefully Fifa is at least more feature complete than last time and hopefully 2K19 can actually launch on time physically.

Yes, it probably sold enough to be a profitable port even if just being a lot lower than PS4/X1. Fifa was mentioned on OP and NBA2K is also released by EA.

Mandalore76 said:

Over a year later, I'm still waiting for a first Madden game on Switch (the biggest sport in Nintendo's biggest territory).  It's not a conspiracy.  It's just expectation of EA to make crappy decisions.

As far as the op goes, I'm very glad to hear it.  My friends and I get together and play a franchise together in NBA2K18 on Switch every week.  I work with one of them, so getting to continue our season on lunch break is awesome.  Very good to hear that its getting a next installment.

Yes sure, EA doesn't launch a game on Switch because they want to lose money and love crappy decisions.

NBA2K is developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Games/2K Sports, not EA.

EA had 3 games released on Launch day (Day 1) for both Xbox One and PS4.  EA has released 1 game on Switch in 15 months.  But, tell me again how EA didn't bet against the Switch being successful.  Also, you don't win "Worst Company in America" awards by making "good business decisions".

Mandalore76 said:
DonFerrari said:

NBA2K is developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Games/2K Sports, not EA.

EA had 3 games released on Launch day (Day 1) for both Xbox One and PS4.  EA has released 1 game on Switch in 15 months.  But, tell me again how EA didn't bet against the Switch being successful.  Also, you don't win "Worst Company in America" awards by making "good business decisions".

The "worst company in America" isn't decided on "good business decisions" it's decided on customer perception. Their earnings is what shows their business decision.

EA bet they wouldn't have big returns on Switch, considering how much lower Fifa in Switch done compared to others they weren't wrong for the first 12 months. And still they are releasing 2019 expecting higher sales.

The OP calling up Fifa and my memory of NBA being attached with EA because of strict contracts played a trick on me for NBA2K.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

I disagree, I think that was mostly about that Wii U had only one Fifa and one NBA and that same will be with Switch.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

I disagree, I think that was mostly about that Wii U had only one Fifa and one NBA and that same will be with Switch.

You disagree that those people said it? They said.

If you are saying that you thought they would release only one on Switch because of WiiU you already said you had it wrong, so no issue on that.

Now is wait to see what game they will deliver as Fifa19 and if they will give the other sports franchise as well.

Around the Network

Good to see but I'm gonna guess much of it is recycled.

DonFerrari said:
Mandalore76 said:

The "worst company in America" isn't decided on "good business decisions" it's decided on customer perception. Their earnings is what shows their business decision.

EA bet they wouldn't have big returns on Switch, considering how much lower Fifa in Switch done compared to others they weren't wrong for the first 12 months. And still they are releasing 2019 expecting higher sales.

The OP calling up Fifa and my memory of NBA being attached with EA because of strict contracts played a trick on me for NBA2K.

The number of developers that EA has purchased and then closed because of EA's failed meddling in those developer's games says yes, EA makes crappy business decisions.  Their bungling of the Star Wars property with Battlefront II last year, which actually brought governments into talking about regulating their gaming practices, also speaks volumes.

As a consumer and a gamer, I don't have to be happy that EA cares more about how much money they can make off Loot Boxes and micro transactions than actually releasing games.

Mandalore76 said:
DonFerrari said:

The number of developers that EA has purchased and then closed because of EA's failed meddling in those developer's games says yes, EA makes crappy business decisions.  Their bungling of the Star Wars property with Battlefront II last year, which actually brought governments into talking about regulating their gaming practices, also speaks volumes.

As a consumer and a gamer, I don't have to be happy that EA cares more about how much money they can make off Loot Boxes and micro transactions than actually releasing games.

Sure they make bad decisions. But first they don't do them in hindsight or intentionally. So saying they run their numbers, Switch version would give them good profits but they decided not to release just to fuck Nintendo is beyond asinine (and conspiracy theories all over the place about 3rd parties wanting Nintendo to go bankrupt). Do you consider MS a dumb company? What about Nintendo? Because we can see several bad decisions they made, some costing a lot of money, others relationship and even government ruling against.

Sure you don't have to be happy for them, but using their moniker of worst company have nothing to do with their business acumen as you tried to imply.

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

You disagree that those people said it? They said.

If you are saying that you thought they would release only one on Switch because of WiiU you already said you had it wrong, so no issue on that.

Now is wait to see what game they will deliver as Fifa19 and if they will give the other sports franchise as well.

I disagree that all people that said Fifa 19 is not coming to Switch said that because only "EA stinks".

Yeah it would be interesting to see if/when they will starting releasing other their sports games.

zippy said:
Seems like 3rd party sales on Switch are doing their job. Hope they have another crack at WWE and actually make a very competent game to make up for the train wreck Switch owners were served last year.

Let's not pretend it was a switch only issue lol the PS4 and One version were freaking terrible too.