By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is the GameCube done right

I thought the GC was done right...

It might not have had incredible new IPs, but its miles better than what they've coughed up for the Switch so far.

EDIT: Wait! What the hell am I saying? The GC had Eternal Darkness and Pikmin. It had awesome new IPs.

Last edited by KLXVER - on 16 May 2018

Around the Network

The only comparison is third party support. Gamecube didn't have full third party support but it was still a decent showing. Same with Switch thus far.

Soooo... what you're saying is: Switch is the Gamecube done right, because it isn't like the Gamecube at all. Did I get it right?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Peh said:
thetonestarr said:

Gamecube was more powerful than PS2, by a pretty significant margin. It cost less, sure, but I wouldn't say "poor man's PS2" just because it WAS more capable, other than DVDs.

But Nintendo screwed up by using smaller discs. Also the PS2 had DVD player capabilities. And at that time, it was also a reason to get one.

If Nintendo used real DVDs and had a DVD player, I think they'd be in a much different position in Gen 6. It wouldn't be as lopsided as it was, that's for sure.

Gamecube was a traditional home-console that tried to compete with powerful hardware, the Switch is the complete opposite of that. And don't talk crap on Gamecube's 1st party and exclusive lineup, it was insanely good. LOL at Wind Waker and Sunshine feeling unpolished

Around the Network

The Gamecube was the Gamecube done right, and in my opinion the last great Nintendo home console.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I see more of a comparison between the gamecube and the Wii U then I do with the Switch.

It’s a Nintendo system done right, where the Gamecube was a Nintendo system done wrong, so there’s that.

It's more like a 3DS successor and a sort of Wii U done right.

Gc was a powerful home console. Switch is a handheld that can be played as a weak home console.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?