By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE 2 – Announce Trailer

Meh. Should have shown gameplay or something from the game. That footage only makes me question what the actual game is gonna look like.

Around the Network

The gameplay trailer does makes the game look more interesting.But honestly, the open world aspect of it kind turns me off, other than being a sequel to a game I never played.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

CGI-Quality said:

CGI-Quality said:
Aeolus451 said:
Meh. Should have shown gameplay or something from the game. That footage only makes me question what the actual game is gonna look like.

Then look a few posts up. ;p

I didn't see that. That's a WAY better trailer for the game.

The Game's description:

-Bring the pain using a collection of upgradable weapons, devastating Nanotrite powers, and Overdrive, the ability to push your guns beyond their mechanical limits.

-From monster trucks to gyrocopters, use an assortment of rugged and wasteland-ready vehicles to speed across the badlands. If you see it, you can drive it.

-Fight against ferocious factions for control of the wasteland, each featuring a rogue’s gallery of madmen, mutants, and monsters hungry for blood.

-Seamlessly traverse a vast and varied landscape, from lush jungles and treacherous swamps to sun-scorched deserts in your pursuit of The Authority. The wasteland is massive, and you’ve got the arsenal to fight for every inch.

Looks like a good time. First one honestly didn't do anything for me, but I'll keep an eye on this

Around the Network

I watched game play trailer. It looks like open world DOOM.

looks like Doom gameplay in a more colourful and less serious open world than it was last time. certainly not a bad concept, but i'm still not particularly fond of the way that adding personality seems to mean putting a load of spray paint everywhere and have enemies be completely unhinged.

shikamaru317 said:

It looks great graphically and the gameplay looks even better than the original Rage. Now we just need a story trailer at E3 to see if they ruined it by making it full on comedic like the marketing suggests, or if it's still mostly serious like the first Rage.

Speaking of graphics, for years we've heard the excuse that Bethesda Game Studios couldn't use the id tech engine because it was unsuitable for open world games, and yet here we have an open world game running on id tech 6 seemingly quite well. This is what Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Starfield could look like if BGS weren't so darn stubborn about using the Creation engine, a modified version of the Gamebryo engine that has been around since the 90's. Not expecting the situation to change with Starfield either sadly, Todd Howard suggested in recent interviews that Starfield is still using Creation, and also suggested that the next AAA RPG they have after Starfield will use Creation too, but with new animation tech *sigh*

I'm not sure stubborn is the right word there. It's simply convenient for them to keep using the engine that they're most familiar with, and as long as they're selling like hot cakes, getting GotY awards, etc.....why bother? I mean don't get me wrong, I sure as hell wish they'd upgrade, but the truth is if you're BGS, it's a math equation. Will the time - and therefore money - investment of having our team(s) familiarize themselves with a new engine (be it id or whatever else), building all assets, game systems, etc from the ground up provide a worthwhile boost to their bottom line? Clearly, they see the answer to that as being a resounding no. Short term, that's not surprising. In the long run though, I'd imagine they must identify a point in time where a shift has to occur, or else they risk falling behind, both in terms of what the engine is capable of, and standards customers expect from these type of games. I would guess that if they haven't committed to a change by the end of next gen, they will be digging themselves a hole that's actually costing them money. Until then, they'll likely ride this tech out for all it's worth.

Gameplay trailer gives madmax / tank girl vibes.... but the sillyness levels are over the top.
I think Id have prefered a more serious tone instead.

Looks like open world Doom, and I'm not sure I like it. Denuvo is not the only reason I haven't got the newest Doom yet.