By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE 2 – Announce Trailer

pokoko said:
I hope people aren't saying they're judging the game based on a reveal trailer because that would be silly.

Well... just look at the comments...

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

I don't get the boxart and the style, the game for sure isn't going to be like that.

It's going to have a way darker tone.

Feels like false advertising.

shikamaru317 said:
Nautilus said:
By the way, the developer is Avalanche, and the consoles its being develop for are PS4, XOne and PC.

That is great news. Since we know that the Just Cause team at Avalanche is making Just Cause 4, that means that the Mad Max team at Avalanche is making Rage 2. Considering how similar Rage and Mad Max are, I can't think of a better developer for Rage 2. I just hope it's less repetitive than the Mad Max game they made was. 

Also hoping it features more gunplay combat, than what MM had.

That and I hope they keep the colour scheme tame, instead of trying to replicate Fortnite/BL's colour schemes. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The pink and yellow overkill is most likely because everyone and their cat complains about desert environments being brown.

The segments in the video that look like they might come from the game look promising. I see mutants and either soldiers or robots in armor. Is that a giant mutant (Behemoth!) in there?

Looks like a female character holding the wingstick, too.

shikamaru317 said:
Chazore said:

Also hoping it features more gunplay combat, than what MM had.

That and I hope they keep the colour scheme tame, instead of trying to replicate Fortnite/BL's colour schemes. 

More gunplay than Mad Max is a safe bet, the official description says it's an FPS, they haven't turned it into 3rd person action-adventure or anything like that. 

I agree on the colors, the marketing team's flagrant usage of pink and yellow on the boxart and in the teaser trailer have me worried. 

The logo has also changed drastically too. Here's the original logo:

New logo:

I do hope they aren't trying to move away from what made the original Rage what it was. id took some years to learn this lesson to make the new DOOM so great. I hope Avalanche know not to distance themselves too far from the original. This game does not need to attract "new blood". It doesn't need to be one of those games that sacrifices it's original audience, in the hopes of possibly gaining a new one. We've seen that happen throughout history, and it hasn't always paid off. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network

Rage was really a underwhelming game but I enjoyed some stuff in mad max so I am a bit interested.

I'm not going to judge the game by this trailer alone, but man, that trailer sure made me cringe. I think I get what they're aiming for with the trailer, and I don't like it either - even if they managed to pull it off successfully, which they didn't.

So if Avalanche Studios is making Rage 2, that means we could get both Rage 2 and Doom II this E3, and that would be awesome.

However this also lessens the possibility of Just Cause 4, so my reactions to this are mixed.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
So if Avalanche Studios is making Rage 2, that means we could get both Rage 2 and Doom II this E3, and that would be awesome.

However this also lessens the possibility of Just Cause 4, so my reactions to this are mixed.

JC3 was back in 2015, and DOOM was 2016. I don't see why they would rush to spam another DOOM so soon. If anything JC4 should be next in line, rather than another DOOM.

Chazore said:
flashfire926 said:

JC3 was back in 2015, and DOOM was 2016. I don't see why they would rush to spam another DOOM so soon. If anything JC4 should be next in line, rather than another DOOM.

I mean a DOOM 2 by ID software, for Spring 2019. Pete Hines has even teased it. Just Cause isnt even a Bethesda game. Its Square Enix.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.