By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RAGE 2 – Announce Trailer

Looks Swiggity

Around the Network

After the gameplay-trailer it has my attention, but i want to see more

shikamaru317 said:

Hmmm, seems Rage 2 isn't a direct sequel, that sucks. In Rage 1, you played as Nicholas Raine, a US Marine who wakes up from suspended animation in 2135 and finds the world in disarray. You spend the game trying to open the other ARK suspended animation pods which are filled with US Marines who were injected with Nanotrites which give them superhuman abilities, so that the Resistance will have an Army large enough to take on the oppressive government that rose between 2029 and 2135 known as The Authority. At the end of the game you succeed in raising the ARK pods and it was assumed by many that the sequel would be about an all out war between the Resistance and the Authority.

Instead however, it seems Rage 2 is set 50 years later, and that the war you started in Rage 1 was lost, as The Authority is still around 50 years later:

"An asteroid has annihilated 80% of the earth’s population, and humanity’s numbers are dwindling. Ruthless and bloodthirsty gangs roam the open roads and the tyrannical Authority seek to rule with an iron fist. As Walker, the last Ranger of the wasteland and a threat to their power, you have been robbed of your home and left for dead. Now you’ll have to rage for justice and freedom.

With ludicrous vehicle combat, super-powered first-person mayhem, and an open world full of emergent madness, you will tear across an unforgiving wasteland battling sadistic gangs to find the tools and tech needed to crush the oppressive rule of The Authority once and for all."

This guy makes a comeback in Rage 2.

https://www.turn-on.de/media/cache/article_images_mobile/media/cms/2018/05/rage-2-2.jpg?652475

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Not seeing the appeal yet, feels like a mix of being their done that.

I'm on board with the story and gameplay I've seen so far.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Game looks fun and lightheaded. Might cop.

Gameplay looks good, environments look varied and awesome. I have no idea why people are complaining about the tone when we know nothing about it. It looks like a mix, which is what the original did with the gameshow thing.

I do not mind whatsoever if it's not a direct sequel. Most people aren't going to know the story from the first game. I'm not even sure I know it and I played it.

I do hope it's not all run-and-gun, though. I like different play-styles.

Avalanche did a super job with mad max and this looks similar so I'm officially interested. Never played the series before.

Doom meets Far Cry... not innovative but still looking decent