By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Are you receiving NSFW private messages?

Bandorr said:

How we don't have a filter yet for this is insane. It isn't hard to write a filter program.

It's comments like these, that make my question why I even bother doing anything at all, around here. Why be so f*cking obnoxious??? Do you think I (or Trucks) have nothing else to do, but work on this website? Do you realize the work we do, is done for FREE? 

Sure - it's easy to drop filters here, there, and everywhere. Easy to come up with rules for blocking this, or restrictions on that. BUT IT ALL TAKES TIME, NO MATTER HOW EASY!!! And frankly, I just don't always have the time to work on this website - never mind the fact that when I actually DO try to implement something new, half the people around here bitch and moan about it not working to their personal specifications...  

Around the Network

First one I got dates from 11 February, 2010

Good job catching up on those after 8 years. Also, those comments telling me how to get lots of money? You can clean those up too.

poroporo said:

First one I got dates from 11 February, 2010

Good job catching up on those after 8 years. Also, those comments telling me how to get lots of money? You can clean those up too.

And did you report the user back then or PM a moderator to get them banned? That's the only way we can get them all, it's also why I made this thread, to make it easier, people can just post the bots' profiles here and we'll deal with them.

None of them want what my profile name or pic is offering....

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
None of them want what my profile name or pic is offering....

... If I were to ask, could you supply?

For a friend, of course... 

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Bandorr said:

How we don't have a filter yet for this is insane. It isn't hard to write a filter program.

It's comments like these, that make my question why I even bother doing anything at all, around here. Why be so f*cking obnoxious??? Do you think I (or Trucks) have nothing else to do, but work on this website? Do you realize the work we do, is done for FREE? 

Sure - it's easy to drop filters here, there, and everywhere. Easy to come up with rules for blocking this, or restrictions on that. BUT IT ALL TAKES TIME, NO MATTER HOW EASY!!! And frankly, I just don't always have the time to work on this website - never mind the fact that when I actually DO try to implement something new, half the people around here bitch and moan about it not working to their personal specifications...  

As someone that does a ton of programming - it would literally take around 5 minutes.  You start with a universal list.

Any messages that have "penis, vagina, cum" in their subject don't get get received. Hell you don't even have to make it dynamic or keep it in a database list. You can just hardcode it in as an array.

It would at least cause the person spamming everyone to use different words, or type those words in different ways.

Or you can work in other features like a delay on sending messages. You must be a member for X time (an hour, a day, a week, a month) before you are allowed to send messages. Or you can limit it by amount of messages.

These are basic features that greatly enrich the forums and protects their members from pervs.

It has been how long since people (myself included) have been getting deluged with a constant supply of dirty messages and no mention of any fixes.  Barely even any acknowledgement of the issue.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 12 May 2018

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

I haven't received any yet, but I've sent a few. Not sure why Pokoko won't respond.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I haven't. How long has this been a thing?

Super_Boom said:

I haven't received any yet, but I've sent a few. Not sure why Pokoko won't respond.

Unless it has "blonde" or "furry", I won't know it's you  =(

Bandorr said:
TalonMan said:

As someone that does a ton of programming - it would literally take around 5 minutes.  You start with a universal list.

Any messages that have "penis, vagina, cum" in their subject don't get get received. Hell you don't even have to make it dynamic or keep it in a database list. You can just hardcode it in as an array.

It would at least cause the person spamming everyone to use different words, or type those words in different ways.

Or you can work in other features like a delay on sending messages. You must be a member for X time (an hour, a day, a week, a month) before you are allowed to send messages. Or you can limit it by amount of messages.

These are basic features that greatly enrich the forums and protects their members from pervs.

It has been how long since people (myself included) have been getting deluged with a constant supply of dirty messages and no mention of any fixes.  Barely even any acknowledgement of the issue.

If you think I need you to tell me how to code, I assure you I couldn't possibly laugh any louder at you...

...you obviously have no clue how much time I invested in revamping the user registration system, in order to address this - then again, based on your attitude and comments so far, you also don't have a clue how to talk to people respectfully and you somehow have it in your mind that I'm here to serve you. Trust me - I'm not.