By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Are you receiving NSFW private messages?

And i repeat not using a female or trap avatar will almost 100% remove you as spam target

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I got 156 of them.
It's pretty annoying, especially when you get an email for each PM received.

kirby007 said:
And i repeat not using a female or trap avatar will almost 100% remove you as spam target

So now forum users need to choose their avatar depending on the spam targets?

And now, it's not messages anymore but comments on the wall. So the previous methods don't work 

Ka-pi96 said:
Faelco said:

And now, it's not messages anymore but comments on the wall. So the previous methods don't work 

Making your profile/wall private/friends only would still work.

I don't get it though. What's their purpose? I understand regular spammers because they want you to visit their shitty website or con you out of money, but what do these ones have to gain from it?

Either a simple troll or someone testing scripts. I find it very interesting considering image recognition may be used.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

todays spam-account is "maello" and unlike the others before this one has set it's profile to private, so I can't even see whether or not this one has been banned already

Around the Network

It seems today's account is specifically targeting the walls of people posting in this thread, I got 20 spams on my wall right after posting here.

Ka-pi96 said:

I don't get it though. What's their purpose? I understand regular spammers because they want you to visit their shitty website or con you out of money, but what do these ones have to gain from it?

maybe it's a power trip for the person involved if he/she gets ppl to change to different avatars or to feel uncomfortable/annoyed enough to block contact options

Last edited by Lafiel - on 14 May 2018

Faelco said:
kirby007 said:

Ofcourse its a horrible solution, but it might be handy  for some? beats making profiles private and messages private and having to clean their inbox/wall

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bandorr said:
Faelco said:

Same thing for me. 

And we can't delete those ones if I'm not mistaken, so that's great...

Actually you can delete them. Not something I knew before yesterday.  Hover over it. A green X will appear. Click that. A prompt will show up. Click that.

So basically I went from getting spammed with messages, to wall posts.  That both take two clicks to remove per posting.

It works only on the profile page with the latest wall posts (we can refresh to delete older ones), but not on the wall itself. Weird... Well, at least it works.

Can I have the crap posted on my wall removed please? Thanks.