Bloodborne 21 15.33%

Nioh 5 3.65%

Sea of Thieves 1 0.73%

PUBG 4 2.92%

Rocket League 2 1.46%

Total:137
Hynad said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Can't you see how much of a Breath of The Wild clone it is? Even has a lone hero in a fantasy post-apocalypse fighting robot monsters with a bow and arrow and trying to prevent the apocalypse from some creepy shadowy thing.

Breath of the Wild came out after Horizon.

Which one is the clone?

completely different games... but wasnt BotW shown first ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
Hynad said:

Which one is the clone?

completely different games... but wasnt BotW shown first ?

I know they're different games. Tell that to him.

Considering WiiU is no longer current gen, Splatoon isn't an option. So only viable option on the list is HZD.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Considering WiiU is no longer current gen, Splatoon isn't an option. So only viable option on the list is HZD.

this generation actually includes Ps4, Xbox One, Wii U, Nintendo 3ds and Ps Vita. The Switch is actually already next gen or the others are last gen and switch is the only current gen platform…. 

HDZ, Splatoon, Bloodborne and RL ... they're all fantastic, but Splatoon is the one I've put the most hours in. Also Splatoon as well as RL are not only great, new IPs, but also quite unique in their own genres.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_generation_of_video_game_consoles

I can certainly see everyone's point about the WiiU and Switch confusing the generations. So, maybe it would be better to do a poll regarding the best (or favorite, as they're not necessarily the same) IP of the last 5 years. Any number of years would work, of course.

Elex

i only play RPGs

I'm not going to vote since the only one I've really played from the list is Rocket League (and a free weekend of Overwatch, which I didn't like very much). That said, Rocket League is a really good game.

Anyway, moving on to other new IPs, Grim Dawn wins it hands down. I also really like Pillars of Eternity and I probably think it's even a better game, but it didn't quite grab me the way Grim Dawn did, so unfortunately it loses.

CaptainExplosion said:
Hynad said:

Which one is the clone?

Breath of The Wild was in development for a lot longer, and it's still the superior game in terms of ambience, characters and setting. Oh, and yes, Breath of The Wild was shown first.

Coming from you, this kind of comments don’t mesn much.

And how is any of this relevent to the thread? The topic is about this gen’s new IPs (with Horizon being one of them) not about your very known bias.

Last edited by Hynad - on 02 May 2018