Bloodborne 21 15.33%

Nioh 5 3.65%

Sea of Thieves 1 0.73%

PUBG 4 2.92%

Rocket League 2 1.46%

Total:137
ninson95 said:
DonFerrari said:
Considering WiiU is no longer current gen, Splatoon isn't an option. So only viable option on the list is HZD.

this generation actually includes Ps4, Xbox One, Wii U, Nintendo 3ds and Ps Vita. The Switch is actually already next gen or the others are last gen and switch is the only current gen platform…. 

"this generation" is what is happening right now, WiiU isn't, so it isn't this gen... and it is so funny to call Switch next gen when it can't even play a lot of games made for this generation.

Kristof81 said:
DonFerrari said:
Considering WiiU is no longer current gen, Splatoon isn't an option. So only viable option on the list is HZD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_generation_of_video_game_consoles

Title reads "this gen". So if you want to consider Switch the only 9th gen as the one above which is ridiculous since Switch can't even play games of current gen so calling it next gen is non-sense then only new IPs of Switch would qualify for the title of the thread.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

All of the games on the poll either don't appeal to me or I haven't tried. The closest thing to a new IP that I've found so far that I like for this generation is Dragon Quest Builders. Not sure if you can really count that as new IP though.

GOWTLOZ said:
curl-6 said:

The reason I don't play them isn't cos they're on PS4, but because they simply don't look very interesting to me. I could walk to EB Games and buy a PS4 right now if it had games I felt I couldn't go without, just like I bought an Xbox 360 last gen because I didn't want to miss out on Bioshock, Bayonetta, or Gears of War.

Uncharted 1 was still good and from 2 onwards it became great, and Dead Space 1 and Vanquish were superb, the crappiness of DS3 and Vanquish's lack of sales do not change that. Likewise, Xenoblade X being a step down doesn't counteract the first game being an amazing new IP.

Looks like you didn't play Dark Souls. Else you would be thrilled by Bloodborne.

I would say Horizon: Zero Dawn is very enjoyable if you like BOTW, both similar yet different and both amazing open world games. Even more if you enjoy the scale of games like Xenoblade. Nioh is awesome for hack and slash fans.

The Souls games aren't my cup of tea, I find them too frustrating.

Horizon does look like a good game though, and I hope it encourages more devs to invest in high calibre new IPs.