Sunset Overdrive 3 2.19%

Bloodborne 21 15.33%

Nioh 5 3.65%

Sea of Thieves 1 0.73%

PUBG 4 2.92%

Rocket League 2 1.46%

Total:137
Ulternia said:

Not quite. The only real new IP this gen for Nintendo is ARMS (granted they’re a gen ahead of the rest). As a Nintendo fan, I’d give it to NieR. I haven’t played it yet but it just looks incredible and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. I also need to give HZD a chance. I wrote it off as a poor man’s BOTW and never dove in like I should have.

NieR isn't a new IP tho.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
Ulternia said:

Not quite. The only real new IP this gen for Nintendo is ARMS (granted they’re a gen ahead of the rest). As a Nintendo fan, I’d give it to NieR. I haven’t played it yet but it just looks incredible and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. I also need to give HZD a chance. I wrote it off as a poor man’s BOTW and never dove in like I should have.

NieR isn't a new IP tho.

I genuinely did not know that. I never realized how few new IPs have been released this gen.

curl-6 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

You say that as a Wii U and Switch player.

PS4 has some amazing new IP's that you wouldn't play cause its a PS4, sadly.

The reason I don't play them isn't cos they're on PS4, but because they simply don't look very interesting to me. I could walk to EB Games and buy a PS4 right now if it had games I felt I couldn't go without, just like I bought an Xbox 360 last gen because I didn't want to miss out on Bioshock, Bayonetta, or Gears of War.

John2290 said:

Uncharted didn't exactly launch to great success or acclaim, vanquish bombed, dead space died a pretty shitty death fairly quickly and even Xenoblade buggered many fans with it's sequel. I agree that this gen hasn't gotten much new IP worthy of the 7th gen but the games you chose to highlight aren't perhaps the best to showcase that. 

Uncharted 1 was still good and from 2 onwards it became great, and Dead Space 1 and Vanquish were superb, the crappiness of DS3 and Vanquish's lack of sales do not change that. Likewise, Xenoblade X being a step down doesn't counteract the first game being an amazing new IP.

Looks like you didn't play Dark Souls. Else you would be thrilled by Bloodborne.

I would say Horizon: Zero Dawn is very enjoyable if you like BOTW, both similar yet different and both amazing open world games. Even more if you enjoy the scale of games like Xenoblade. Nioh is awesome for hack and slash fans.

Isn't Splatoon last gen though?

Mystro-Sama said:
Isn't Splatoon last gen though?

Wii U isn't the same gen as the PS3. Switch is 9th gen.

Around the Network

Delete this No Mam Sea And put here Ori.

VAMatt said:
I voted for Destiny. However, it should be noted that Destiny was cross-gen at launch.

Dammit! My fault^^ 

CaptainExplosion said:
Ultrashroomz said:

NieR isn't a new IP tho.

Neither is Horizon: Zero Dawn, if that wasn't obvious enough.

??

CaptainExplosion said:
Hynad said:

??

Can't you see how much of a Breath of The Wild clone it is? Even has a lone hero in a fantasy post-apocalypse fighting robot monsters with a bow and arrow and trying to prevent the apocalypse from some creepy shadowy thing.

Breath of the Wild came out after Horizon.

Which one is the clone?

I'd say Splatoon for being so different from everything else. Rocket League could beat it with a second game though.