By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DF: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Switch vs Wii U

Miyamotoo said:

Did you actualy read what I wrote!?

Again, fact that this game runs at 648p in portable mode compared to 720p on Wii U dont mean that Switch is less powerful than Switch, (esapcily beacuse MK8D that definatly look more demanding is 720p in portable mode), Digital Foundry in Resetera thread said that's possible that Nintendo done that to increase battery life for game. Also onother strange example is Bayonetta on Switch, it runs at 720p in portable and docked mode, and offocurse that Switch in docked mode could run Bayonetta at higher resolution. Also have on mind that when you porting game designed specifically for totally different type of hardware, you want have best results in any case. So no, you cant use one specifk game as a benchmark for Switch's undocked mode.

I think you need to read what I wrote cause I still think the Switch in portable mode is still more performant in the vast majority of the games compared to WII U ... 

If you can or DF can prove the assertion that it was done to conserve battery life then hopefully we'll be able to reverse engineer the Switch to see what clocks it was running at ... 

You can't compare Bayonetta to DKCTF on a technical basis, both have different technology! (not even the same code or let alone content) 

A implies B is a common logical fallacy ... 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Miyamotoo said:

Did you actualy read what I wrote!?

Again, fact that this game runs at 648p in portable mode compared to 720p on Wii U dont mean that Switch is less powerful than Switch, (esapcily beacuse MK8D that definatly look more demanding is 720p in portable mode), Digital Foundry in Resetera thread said that's possible that Nintendo done that to increase battery life for game. Also onother strange example is Bayonetta on Switch, it runs at 720p in portable and docked mode, and offocurse that Switch in docked mode could run Bayonetta at higher resolution. Also have on mind that when you porting game designed specifically for totally different type of hardware, you want have best results in any case. So no, you cant use one specifk game as a benchmark for Switch's undocked mode.

I think you need to read what I wrote cause I still think the Switch in portable mode is still more performant in the vast majority of the games compared to WII U ... 

If you can or DF can prove the assertion that it was done to conserve battery life then hopefully we'll be able to reverse engineer the Switch to see what clocks it was running at ... 

You can't compare Bayonetta to DKCTF on a technical basis, both have different technology! (not even the same code or let alone content) 

A implies B is a common logical fallacy ... 

Switch even in portable mode is more powerful than Wii U, period. Power of hardware cant depand from game to game, what can be difirent from game to game is what kind of port is, how much they will push hardware, will they pay atentione on battery life, if is lazy port, if port used most of hardware from is getting ported so port to totally different platform cant gave best results...

Bayonetta 2 is definitely more demanding game than DKTF, also MK8D is also more demanding game than 2D platformer.

What Digital Foundry wrote:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/7142617/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/7146747/

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 25 April 2018

Tropical Freeze was never an especially pretty game even by Wii U standards, but 1080p docked and a perfect 60fps is nice I suppose.

Really is overpriced though.

Miyamotoo said:

Switch even in portable mode is more powerful than Switch, period. 

SKMBlake said:
Miyamotoo said:

Switch even in portable mode is more powerful than Switch, period. 

If you read hole post its obviously I meant Wii U and buy mistake wrote again Switch.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Remasters on other systems cost $40.

I don't mind the price though, wasn't interested anyways. Xenoblade Chronicles X is a different story.

Tomb Raider was 60 dollars

Last of Us was 60 dollars

GTAV was 60 dollars

Do not act like this does not happen on all three...it does.

The Last Of Us Remastered was going to be 60$, but people complained and Sony dropped it to 50$.

KLXVER said:
Shiken said:

Tomb Raider was 60 dollars

Last of Us was 60 dollars

GTAV was 60 dollars

Do not act like this does not happen on all three...it does.

The Last Of Us Remastered was going to be 60$, but people complained and Sony dropped it to 50$.

And these were also games that were one year old, not four years old... they were basically GOTY editions taken to the next level.

But meanwhile on Planet Activison, they're remaking 3 games from the ground up and selling them for $40 (again). Who would have thought Activision would be a shining example,

Barkley said:
KLXVER said:

And these were also games that were one year old, not four years old... they were basically GOTY editions taken to the next level.

But meanwhile on Planet Activison, they're remaking 3 games from the ground up and selling them for $40 (again). Who would have thought Activision would be a shining example,

Yeah, they could easily have made the Crash Trilogy 60$ and I don't think many would complain. 

I only played through half of the game on Wii U and then lost interest (really wasn't a Wii U fan) and now I'm interested to play this in portable mode. Just wished it wasn't so overpriced or had some additional content other than Funky Mode which I probably won't use anyway. 1080p and better loading times are definitely nice; the loading times in particular were one of the things that annoyed me in the Wii U version after having played Returns on the Wii.

i am not paying $60 for a port of anything.

I liked the game on wiiu, it was very hard and i have not finished it, I will love to buy it but when it is around the $40 range for me.