By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DF: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - Switch vs Wii U

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

It doesn't count because of arbitrary rules... and notebooks aren't portable and stationary as well... and PSP being able to hook up to the TV without another console also doesn't count... only Nintendo endeavors count.

Someone that ask for 1 example and ignore it even so, wouldn't accept 100 as well... and you saw that he just did it.

Notebooks are part of PC platforms and PC platforms is very difrent than consoles platform from plenty of reasons. No, PSP didnt could hook up to TV out of box, and again you didnt had full home console experience like Switch offers, reality is that nobady almost relly cared about fact that PSP could be connect to TV, while one of main reason why Switch is selling so great is fact that Switch are buying handheld and home consoles users. But of course you again fail to see totally obvious things, so I relly dont understand whats your point with this, what exatly you trying to proof here!?

No I didnt ignore your 1 example, it wasnt point about one example, or more more them, but about fact that huge majority of games on console market dont offer cross-buy, they are exceptions.

https://www.lifewire.com/psp-games-on-your-tv-2792615

To hook your PSP to the TV you only needed a cable, is that your "not able to hook up to TV out of box"? And you see, you yourself is defining value as something subjective. PSP could do it, you and several didn't care about it, so didn't saw value in it. So your point of Switch games having more objective value falls flat.

Yes you dismissed them as soon as they were presented after you asked.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Notebooks are part of PC platforms and PC platforms is very difrent than consoles platform from plenty of reasons. No, PSP didnt could hook up to TV out of box, and again you didnt had full home console experience like Switch offers, reality is that nobady almost relly cared about fact that PSP could be connect to TV, while one of main reason why Switch is selling so great is fact that Switch are buying handheld and home consoles users. But of course you again fail to see totally obvious things, so I relly dont understand whats your point with this, what exatly you trying to proof here!?

No I didnt ignore your 1 example, it wasnt point about one example, or more more them, but about fact that huge majority of games on console market dont offer cross-buy, they are exceptions.

To hook your PSP to the TV you only needed a cable, is that your "not able to hook up to TV out of box"? And you see, you yourself is defining value as something subjective. PSP could do it, you and several didn't care about it, so didn't saw value in it. So your point of Switch games having more objective value falls flat.

Yes, and that cable dont came with PSP, so you cant hook PSP out of box to TV. I have PSP and tried playing it on TV, its not nearly similar experience like full home console expariance like Switch is offering, PSP picture on TV gave you like half of picture on TV (Switch actualy gave you higher resolution in home console mode compared to portable), you are using PSP like controler and you need to be near TV because cable, I know there is option to use PS3 controler but again you need to buy extra controler that had price of half price point of PSP. Huge majority of people didnt value in it because didn't have you full home console experience like Switch is giving, Switch hardware and Switch games from start is designed and made in order to gave full home console and full handheld expariance.

No, I didnt said they are invalid, I just wrote they dont change nothing in hole picture and with my point that huge majority of games on console market dont offer cross-buy.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 27 April 2018

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, and that cable dont came with PSP, so you cant hook PSP out of box to TV. I have PSP and tried playing it on TV, its not nearly similar experience like full home console expariance like Switch is offering, PSP picture on TV gave you like half of picture on TV (Switch actualy gave you higher resolution in home console mode compared to portable), you are using PSP like controler and you need to be near TV because cable, I know there is option to use PS3 controler but again you need to buy extra controler that had price of half price point of PSP. Huge majority of people didnt value in it because didn't have you full home console experience like Switch is giving, Switch hardware and Switch games from start is designed and made in order to gave full home console and full handheld expariance.

No, I didnt said they are invalid, I just wrote they dont change nothing in hole picture and with my point that huge majority of games on console market dont offer cross-buy.

Ow because AV cables are something really uncommon right? Then we could say a lot of table consoles aren't able to play on TV out of the box since they came with cables that weren't compatible with the TVs.

Of course PSP isn't the same as Switch, it is like a decade before it and the focus wasn't it. Still you already accepted that value is subjective, that was the whole point.

You didn't say they are invalid, you asked for examples and then pretended to not matter. Hude majority of the games don't sell several millions, does that make launching games not changing "hole" picture?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Ow because AV cables are something really uncommon right? Then we could say a lot of table consoles aren't able to play on TV out of the box since they came with cables that weren't compatible with the TVs.

Of course PSP isn't the same as Switch, it is like a decade before it and the focus wasn't it. Still you already accepted that value is subjective, that was the whole point.

You didn't say they are invalid, you asked for examples and then pretended to not matter. Hude majority of the games don't sell several millions, does that make launching games not changing "hole" picture?

But fact is that you couldnt conect PSP out of box on TV, Its not point if is that common or not, point is that wasnt main point of PSP, and that's why you couldn't connect PSP out of box.

Lol, again, fact is that game that you could play in full handheld mode and full home console mode have higher value than game you could be play only in home console mode or only in handheld mode.

Again, they are legit examples but they dont change nothing in hole picture and with my point that huge majority of games on console market dont offer cross-buy. I dont see how your games arguments has anything with fact that huge majority of games on console market dont offer cross-buy!?

@Myamotoo @DonFerrari

Holy shit why don't you two just send PMs to each other instead of derailing this poor thread any further.

Around the Network

Will probably outsell the Wii u version just like mk8 deluxe. This is extremely rare that a years old port sells more than the original release.

DonFerrari said:

Curl, so I'm thankful that you think it's worth discussing with me. And I admit that not all fanbase is the same, and perhaps it may even be a distortion I saw (that is untrue) that there is a big support for the pricing scheme (maybe listening to a vocal minority). But since you interact more with the fanbase than me, if you perceive that there is more people against the rip off (not only of the old games for full price, but also simple late ports being more expensive) I will believe in you and change this registry on my mind.

No worries man. It is hard to quantify, all I know is that I regularly visit fan sites like GoNintendo and NintendoEverything to get my Switch news, and when the price was revealed there I saw far more comments criticizing it than justifying it. 

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Curl, so I'm thankful that you think it's worth discussing with me. And I admit that not all fanbase is the same, and perhaps it may even be a distortion I saw (that is untrue) that there is a big support for the pricing scheme (maybe listening to a vocal minority). But since you interact more with the fanbase than me, if you perceive that there is more people against the rip off (not only of the old games for full price, but also simple late ports being more expensive) I will believe in you and change this registry on my mind.

No worries man. It is hard to quantify, all I know is that I regularly visit fan sites like GoNintendo and NintendoEverything to get my Switch news, and when the price was revealed there I saw far more comments criticizing it than justifying it. 

Do hope Nintendo gives it a price cut and also consider the bad feedback when pricing the other ports it's planning.