By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold prediction: Dark Souls Remastered will sell most copies on Switch

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Not bold, it will outsell... 2 2.53%

Agree, it will sell the most on Switch. 21 26.58%

No, the game will sell most on PS4. 47 59.49%

Crazy, Switch-sales will ... 4 5.06%

It will sell over 9000 copies! 5 6.33%

Total:79
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
HoloDust said:

Wait, what? That's quite ridiculous, why the hell would they ever even consider implementing that?

Because it's also portable and possibly played in short burst so it would need a function as this.

At least they are giving players the choice to do so .

Being portable is quite silly excuse - like I never had a phone or kid interupt me while playing Souls - "You Died", you just deal with it, or you don't play while something can interupt you.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, I'd need to see actual implementation, but puting Save anywhere into Souls just doesn't seem right - what's next, pause on inventory?

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Because it's also portable and possibly played in short burst so it would need a function as this.

Being portable is quite silly excuse - like I never had a phone or kid interupt me while playing Souls - "You Died", you just deal with it, or you don't play while something can interupt you.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, I'd need to see actual implementation, but puting Save anywhere into Souls just doesn't seem right - what's next, pause on inventory?

I'm sure it's a "save and quit anywhere" feature, and other versions kind of had that as well: when you quit the game without saving you'd continue were you quit.

Chrizum said:
HoloDust said:

I'm sure it's a "save and quit anywhere" feature, and other versions kind of had that as well: when you quit the game without saving you'd continue were you quit.

I can't seem to find any official info on it, I was going with what Mystro said, which to me sounded quite bad - but yeah, save and quit is regular stuff.

HoloDust said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I don't know how they will implement it exactly, but there are plenty of handheld Fire Emblem games that do a "quick save" where you have to resume exactly where you left off.  Fire Emblem has been on handhelds for a long time and that is not a series that is known for going easy on people.

HoloDust said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Not unrealistic since its the first Souls game on a Nintendo platform and its portable. I'm only disappointed in them giving players the choice to pussyout with the save anywhere mechanic. Thats not how you play a Souls game.

Wait, what? That's quite ridiculous, why the hell would they ever even consider implementing that?

I'm almost sure Nintendo asked them to do. They have no faith in the skill of their fanbase.

Around the Network

Considering the two base sizes, the PS4 should sell more. There is nothing to indicate that one base will prefer this over another. Unless you are catching people with 'portable play' which is a nice feature, selling less copies on the PS4 is always a marketing fail. How are you missing so many more potential customers. Of course there is one really good explanation why you can sell more on Switch, simply because there is less choice on Switch and therefore your products stands out more on that console.

So it is the lack of game on Switch compare to the PS4 which reduces competition from other games and can lead to higher sales.

It will be a close call, but the PS4 version will sell the most. The switch is not where that game userbase is.

CosmicSex said:
So it is the lack of game on Switch compare to the PS4 which reduces competition from other games and can lead to higher sales.

If that would be the case, then 3rd-party games on WiiU should've sold really well. They didn't and that even compared to the install base not only actual numbers.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
CosmicSex said:

If that would be the case, then 3rd-party games on WiiU should've sold really well. They didn't and that even compared to the install base not only actual numbers.

You raise a good point which I think needs to be explored more thoroughly.  What I would say about the two systems is that they had two HUGE differences in 3rd party response.  its a chicken and egg scenario if you ask me. 

Mystro-Sama said:
HoloDust said:

I'm almost sure Nintendo asked them to do. They have no faith in the skill of their fanbase.

I doubt that since 1) Nintendo still produces plenty of games that can be challenging or complex and 2) I doubt From Software and company would really care about such a request.

This is a concession for handheld play, nothing more.

CosmicSex said:
Mnementh said:

You raise a good point which I think needs to be explored more thoroughly.  What I would say about the two systems is that they had two HUGE differences in 3rd party response.  its a chicken and egg scenario if you ask me. 

It's really very simple.  The Switch is an attractive device with a healthy ecosystem and promotion that actually highlights the presence of 3rd parties.  The Wii U was none of that.  If a platform is obviously unhealthy, people are less likely to invest much into it.  And you cannot buy what you cannot see.