By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bold prediction: Dark Souls Remastered will sell most copies on Switch

Tagged games:

What do you think?

Not bold, it will outsell... 2 2.53%

Agree, it will sell the most on Switch. 21 26.58%

No, the game will sell most on PS4. 47 59.49%

Crazy, Switch-sales will ... 4 5.06%

It will sell over 9000 copies! 5 6.33%

Total:79
Bandorr said:
Nautilus said:

Why is that everytime when people get pissed at a publisher, and with reason, the other side that dosent care that much for that game on that system just screams "Stop this conspiracy talk"?

Nuvendil probably explained much better than me, but I dont know, maybe its just incopetence in their side?I mean, not only was this already announced with a release date, but it was the version that was getting the most marketing push out of all versions.In those instances, i think its normal to assume that they have a schedule planned, and have already covered for any unforeseen event that may happen.Why cant other publishers be like Bethesda and dont stick to a release date until they are certain they can release it on that day....

Oh, and this "rant" applies to all companies, all games, and to all consoles.

Ranting and raving about things without information tends to be scope of conspiracy theories. Specially when you see comments like "how much did sony pay you" which you can find in the twitter thread.

It was a game they weren't even trying to hit 60FPs, and were hoping to hit 720 in docked mode.

The systems that could hit 1080p60FPS or higher aren't being delayed.

Coincidence? Who knows - we don't have any information. So jumping in and blaming Bandai as if this was their plan all along to screw over Switch is just weird. Specially when there is a much likelier chance it is because the Switch, specially undocked, is underpowered.

Lets discuss a possibility. Which do you prefer, May 25th on game that can't even hit 20 FPS docked, or Summer for a game hitting 30FPS perfectly.

I much prefer the company delay a game and work on it, instead of trying to rush it out.

We've seen loads of footage, the Switch version is a port running at a higher res.  The PS4 and Xbone versions might be easier but they can't possibly be much easier since they have new assets and actual work being done beyond just porting a 7 year old game.  We've even seen the most demanding area in the original game running at a stable framerate.  The fact is the difference is the PS4 and Xbone version are being ported by the developers with the full backing of Bandai Namco and apparently even some other outside help.  The Switch version was farmed out.  And going by this delay, probably not given a large ammount of resources.  The Switch is indeed markedly weaker than the PS4.  But it eats the PS360 for breakfast.  This port shouldnot be an issue.

And yeah Twitter is full of those kinds of accusations because Twitter is full of morons who can't filter themselves and encourages speaking without thinking.  

It's not a conspiracy, it's Bandai not being assed to put in any significant resources.  

Around the Network

Considering people on Xbox and PS were able to play it before on the original version it would make sense for Switch to sell more because of people that will have the 1st experience... but because of the type of game, I think PS4 will still have most sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."