By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: MS has marketing on Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield V, Borderlands 3, Splinter Cell, and more

Would definitely have no issues with "Best on Xbox" and "Best on Xbox One X". The 1X is a fantastic console. Just wish that there was more than just multi-plat games to really push it to its limits.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Angelus said:

Agreed. The wait is killing me. 

I wonder if it can top the Witcher 3. I honestly doubt it. The witcher 3's world was just so damn rich aith lore and characters. History that spanned decades with the books. Monsters and magic. It was just an extremely rich world with many different cultures and stories. And that was built on the foundation of 7 books and 2 previous games. 

Well, I don't know whether they'll top it or not, but I fully expect them to be in the same ballpark of greatness. What they lack here in established lore, characters, etc...they gain by having the opportunity to let us discover all new lore, characters, etc. Exploring a whole new world is really a lot more exciting (imo) than revisiting one I already fully understand. This is of course assuming that the writing is of equal quality. Also, as I understand it, this game will feature a character creator, as well as a much deeper RPG class system influencing gameplay. I love Witcher 3, but ultimately there's not that much variety in how you play, seeing as how all of Geralt's tools tend to intertwine into one style of play, that changes only ever so slightly depending what you want to emphasize.

Whether or not it turns out to be better than Witcher 3, one thing I'm damn sure of, is that CDPR won't release it until they believe it to be better than Witcher 3.

Megiddo said:
Errorist76 said:

Make sure sense MS would put their money on that since they have nothing else to show.

❌ Moderated ~ CGI

I'm not sure why this was banned/moderated? Is there any reasonable expectation that Microsoft will have a bunch to show at E3 other than multi-plats?

You should read LudicrousSpeed's reply to Errorist76.

Proud to be a Californian.

I read it. It didn't make sense. There wasn't anything illogical about what Errorist wrote. We have no reason to believe that Microsoft has been secretly investing a ton of money into amazing exclusives to show at E3. So they"re left with multi-plats. I don't see using logical deduction ("makes sure sense") as console warring.

Why are people getting moderated for what is a logical observation, exactly?

MS has little to no exclusives, fact.
MS has large marketing deals with third parties in order to push the console, apparent fact.

I expect an E3 largely focused on multiplats, will you ban me too now?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
shikamaru317 said:

Since January 2015. We know 2K has a big unannounced game releasing this fiscal year (which ends March 2019), so that game is almost assuredly Borderlands 3. 

I hope it's a masterpiece. I myself didn't really like Borderlands (2) when I tried it.

In my opinion Borderlands 2 was OK, I am fine with the humour of the game, which is what makes it cool. But the thing that let's explode Borderlands 2 is the DLC Tiny Tinas Assault on Dragon Keep. This is just incredible and makes the whole Borderlands 2 experience a great one.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Sony has marketing deals on cod, destiny, and FIFA. Makes sense because they have nothing else to show, amirite?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
It's kinda pointless for MS to pay to have the rights to advertising the games, imo. They'll still sell more copies on PS4, due to the amount of consoles sold.

Marking deals do tip the scales a bit though. Not everyone knows everything about upcoming games. Some people see "Xbox One" at the end of an ad and think that particular game is exlcusive. 

Megiddo said:
I read it. It didn't make sense. There wasn't anything illogical about what Errorist wrote. We have no reason to believe that Microsoft has been secretly investing a ton of money into amazing exclusives to show at E3. So they"re left with multi-plats. I don't see using logical deduction ("makes sure sense") as console warring.

It looks harmless at first glance, but considering the history of the poster, this was 100% an attempt to bait MS fans.

Anyways, rumours point in the other direction.

-Forza Horizon 4, Fable 4/reboot, perfect dark reboot, halo and gears spin off titles, new electric square game, new kart racer(and probably halo 6 as well) On top of that, potential release dates for below, ashen, ori, and crackdown 3.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Perfect Dark Reboot please. I would play the hell out of that.

Are they seriously going to attempt to push Fable once again?