By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: MS has marketing on Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield V, Borderlands 3, Splinter Cell, and more

Errorist76 said:
Make sure sense MS would put their money on that since they have nothing else to show.

And that's why they didn't show this....?

Around the Network

Interesting move on their part. God knows they have the money to do it.

I doubt that's true considering that some of those aren't even announced yet.

PieToast said:

I wonder if this is a new marketing push by Microsoft to see how much they would get back from having multiple exclusive marketing deals of big releases at once, or if they already knkw this would work.

i honestly don't know if exclusive marketing deals actually work. It seems the sales scale tip one way or the other depending on the game regardless of who has the marketing rights 

When you look at games that has MS marketing compared to games that dont games with MS marketing tend to help XBO out when it comes ot the games split.

For example using VGC for 8th gen only

Rainbow Six Siege with MS marketing the XBO version has 38.7% of the salles.

The Division with MS marketing the XBO version has a 40.2% of the sales.

Ghosts Recon wildlands without MS marketing the XBO has 33.3% of the sales.

Battlefeild 1 with MS marketing the XBO has 41.4% of the sales

Battlefeild Hardline without MS marketing the XBO has 36% of the sales.

AC Unity with MS marketing the XBO version had 46% of the sales.

AC Origins with MS marketing the XBO version has 35% of the sales.

AC Syndicate without MS marketing the XBO version has 28% of the sales.

CoD AW with MS marketing the XBO version has 40.9% of the sales.

CoD BO3 without MS marketing the XBO version has 32.4% of the sales

FIFA 17 with MS marketing the XBO version had 25.3% of the sales

FIFA 18 without MS marketing the XBO version had 20.7% of the sales.

To me this is pointless as at the end of the day I already have my console. I will not get an xbox one just cause they have fancy ads.

However next gen is a different ball game. If they market their system well and fix the BS they had with the launch of xbox one than I would consider it. However this is more marketing their console than any game that can be picked up on playstation or pc.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
PieToast said:

I wonder if this is a new marketing push by Microsoft to see how much they would get back from having multiple exclusive marketing deals of big releases at once, or if they already knkw this would work.

i honestly don't know if exclusive marketing deals actually work. It seems the sales scale tip one way or the other depending on the game regardless of who has the marketing rights 

When you look at games that has MS marketing compared to games that dont games with MS marketing tend to help XBO out when it comes ot the games split.

For example using VGC for 8th gen only

Rainbow Six Siege with MS marketing the XBO version has 38.7% of the salles.

The Division with MS marketing the XBO version has a 40.2% of the sales.

Ghosts Recon wildlands without MS marketing the XBO has 33.3% of the sales.

Battlefeild 1 with MS marketing the XBO has 41.4% of the sales

Battlefeild Hardline without MS marketing the XBO has 36% of the sales.

AC Unity with MS marketing the XBO version had 46% of the sales.

AC Origins with MS marketing the XBO version has 35% of the sales.

AC Syndicate without MS marketing the XBO version has 28% of the sales.

CoD AW with MS marketing the XBO version has 40.9% of the sales.

CoD BO3 without MS marketing the XBO version has 32.4% of the sales

FIFA 17 with MS marketing the XBO version had 25.3% of the sales

FIFA 18 without MS marketing the XBO version had 20.7% of the sales.

What a lot of people here aren't considering is that these marketing strategies are usually done for those small percentage increases. There are a lot of less invested people than us out there who may only know what's coming out from TV ads and if Fallout 4 is always followed with a big xbox logo, they may not even know it's available on anything else. Marketing works when applied broadly, the people who study game release calendars and can name the dev and publisher of every release this year from memory make up a very small percentage of the gaming public. Hell, there are TONS of people who think Pixar made Minions.

bananaking21 said:
I don't care who has marketing rights over cyberpunk as long as I get to see more of it already.

Agreed. The wait is killing me. 

Just give me Splinter Cell, please. (and bring back Ironside)

Angelus said:
bananaking21 said:
I don't care who has marketing rights over cyberpunk as long as I get to see more of it already.

Agreed. The wait is killing me. 

I wonder if it can top the Witcher 3. I honestly doubt it. The witcher 3's world was just so damn rich aith lore and characters. History that spanned decades with the books. Monsters and magic. It was just an extremely rich world with many different cultures and stories. And that was built on the foundation of 7 books and 2 previous games. 

well. that doesn't matter all that much. probably exclusive dlc here and there, thats cool

they still need to make new games