By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: MS has marketing on Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield V, Borderlands 3, Splinter Cell, and more

Would love for them to have marketing rights on Cyberpunk and S. Cell.

But Anthem was already confirmed I thought.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
JEMC said:
Given that CD Projekt RED expect to launch Cyberpunk 2077 "before 2021", I think it's a bid early to talk about marketing rights, specially given that we don't know if it will launch this gen, the next one, or both as a cross-gen title.

But Borderlands and specially Splinter Cell are possible.

It's launching before 2021, but so is a 2nd game: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2018/03/24/cd-projekt-red-plans-a-second-triple-a-rpg-in-addition-to-cyberpunk-2077-by-2021/#2fb27d0f69ed

That means Cyberpunk in aiming for a 2019 release most likely, with the 2nd game releasing in 2021 (though I personally expect the 2nd game to be delayed to 2022). As for technology, CD Projekt specifically said it was being built for current and next gen technology, which basically tells me it will release first on current gen with next-gen ports whenever then next gen consoles release. 

You're just speculating. CD Projekt hasn't said anything concrete. Heck, in their pdf (page 5) they only put "Later years (2017-2021)" and under that they listed both Cyberpunk and the other AAA RPG game.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love them to launch cyberpunk as soon as possible, but CDP is anything but reliable when it comes to release dates. I really doubt they'll be able to develop and launch 2 AAA games before 2021.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It's kinda pointless for MS to pay to have the rights to advertising the games, imo. They'll still sell more copies on PS4, due to the amount of consoles sold.

Finally some marketing, I suppose. I remember that the only time I’ve seen Xbox brand in the ads was battlefield 1 ad.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
It's kinda pointless for MS to pay to have the rights to advertising the games, imo. They'll still sell more copies on PS4, due to the amount of consoles sold.

But they'll still win E3, which will get them... hype and props. Maybe they'll reduce the X1X to $399 at the conference.

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

But they'll still win E3, which will get them... hype and props. Maybe they'll reduce the X1X to $399 at the conference.

MS are going to win E3 because they might have a few trailers for multiplatform games that they have marketing for? I know the bar for MS is low, but damn

Moderated - think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 05 April 2018

I'm sure they'll try and say they're exclusive somehow. It wouldn't be a Microsoft E3 conference if they didn't. My bet would be exclusive DLC.

Megiddo said:
I'm sure they'll try and say they're exclusive somehow. It wouldn't be a Microsoft E3 conference if they didn't. My bet would be exclusive DLC.

Phil says he doesn’t want to do deals for exlusive dlc, like destiny. He says it’s bad for the gamer. We will put his word to the test though. Probably just “best on Xbox”  or “best on Xbox one x”. 

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Would definitely have no issues with "Best on Xbox" and "Best on Xbox One X". The 1X is a fantastic console. Just wish that there was more than just multi-plat games to really push it to its limits.

bananaking21 said:
Angelus said:

Agreed. The wait is killing me. 

I wonder if it can top the Witcher 3. I honestly doubt it. The witcher 3's world was just so damn rich aith lore and characters. History that spanned decades with the books. Monsters and magic. It was just an extremely rich world with many different cultures and stories. And that was built on the foundation of 7 books and 2 previous games. 

Well, I don't know whether they'll top it or not, but I fully expect them to be in the same ballpark of greatness. What they lack here in established lore, characters, etc...they gain by having the opportunity to let us discover all new lore, characters, etc. Exploring a whole new world is really a lot more exciting (imo) than revisiting one I already fully understand. This is of course assuming that the writing is of equal quality. Also, as I understand it, this game will feature a character creator, as well as a much deeper RPG class system influencing gameplay. I love Witcher 3, but ultimately there's not that much variety in how you play, seeing as how all of Geralt's tools tend to intertwine into one style of play, that changes only ever so slightly depending what you want to emphasize.

Whether or not it turns out to be better than Witcher 3, one thing I'm damn sure of, is that CDPR won't release it until they believe it to be better than Witcher 3.