By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction ps4 will sell 130+mill systems.

Ps4 will end at?

110mill 16 21.92%

120mill 25 34.25%

130mill 18 24.66%

140mill 7 9.59%

It will beat ps2. 7 9.59%

Total:73
Lawlight said:
VAMatt said:

It's on sale for $250 regularly, and it's always bundled with something.  So, I don't think saying that it's $299 is really a fair representation.  I'd bet the average price of the system with a game is like $270. If you assign the game a value of even $25, that brings the net cost down below $250.

You know that you’re a forum that follows video game sales, right? You can’t fool us with the “it’s on sales for $250 regularly” line.

Indeed, its official 299 so its299 , because its sonetimes cheaper and or bundled doesnt matter.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Some say it will beat PS2, I'll be surprised if it doesn't do 130M+
Ps5 may come in 2020 but Microsoft already released Xbox X, so why the rush?, Nintendo on the other hand is doing well but neither is hurting the PS4 sales
If we assume that Sony will start next generation then maybe they will release the successor earlier

thismeintiel said:
Intrinsic said:

Well just know that the next gen amd gpu is Vega. And-that should be here next year or the year after. Fab maturity (aka 7nm+) will not give a big enough jump in performamce to juatify brand new architecture. So no, whatever ia coming after vega wont come till 3/4nm becomes a thing.

The next gen-consoles would be based on ryzen and navi architecture.

Vega is already here. It uses 14nm.  This year they plan to make versions using 7nm.  Navi is supposed to hit in 2019, again using 7nm.  2020 or 2021 is when we will see their "next-gen" GPU, which uses 7nm+.

sorry my bad. was thinking navi typing vega......

xl-klaudkil said:
Lawlight said:

You know that you’re a forum that follows video game sales, right? You can’t fool us with the “it’s on sales for $250 regularly” line.

Indeed, its official 299 so its299 , because its sonetimes cheaper and or bundled doesnt matter.

I can't agree. The actual price at retail affects the number of units sold.  The official price is the one that doesn't matter.  And, I'm not trying to "fool" anyone.  I'm contributing to the discussion, and pointing out the stone cold fact that many units are sold for less then $299, and many that do sell at the "official" price are bundled with a game.  

It was on sale for the whole xmas season at $199.  It is on sale at Target for $279 just about every other week.  It is on sale at various places at $250 pretty often.  Most units sold are now bundled with a game.  These things significantly impact the value proposition, which in turn significantly impacts sales.  If you want to ignore this stuff, that's fine.  Just know that you're deliberately ignoring relevant facts that affect the sales of PS4, and will continue to have an impact going forward.  

Are we basing this when the PS5 comes out, or when the PS4 is discontinued?
If we're basing sales on the PS5 release, which will be either 2020 or 2021 - it's sales will probably be around 105/110 Million units

Life time sales when it'll be discontinued will probably be around 120/125 Million units.

The President of PlayStation Japan said that they won't release the PS5 until 4K TV ownership reaches appropriate levels.

Around the Network

Also, thinking that there will be PS5 news at E3 this year is nonsense. The PS4 wasn't even announced at an E3 event  you guys.....

VAMatt said:
xl-klaudkil said:

I can't agree. The actual price at retail affects the number of units sold.  The official price is the one that doesn't matter.  And, I'm not trying to "fool" anyone.  I'm contributing to the discussion, and pointing out the stone cold fact that many units are sold for less then $299, and many that do sell at the "official" price are bundled with a game.  

It was on sale for the whole xmas season at $199.  It is on sale at Target for $279 just about every other week.  It is on sale at various places at $250 pretty often.  Most units sold are now bundled with a game.  These things significantly impact the value proposition, which in turn significantly impacts sales.  If you want to ignore this stuff, that's fine.  Just know that you're deliberately ignoring relevant facts that affect the sales of PS4, and will continue to have an impact going forward.  

Where and when was it on sale for the whole Christmas season for $199? Because that is just an out right lie.....no disrespect. And what places is it on sale at $250 "pretty often"? It does have sales but not at the rate you are making it seem.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

VAMatt said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Ya you'r clearly making stuff up. It was $199 for a single week, not the whole Xmas season and no it is not on sale for $250 nearly as much as you are claiming.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

VAMatt said:
xl-klaudkil said:

The Only system that is at constantly on sale is the xbox one, $249.99 for the 1tb models this week and mostly all weeks you see a lot of deals on eBay. For most January the 500 Gb model was at $189.

As far as other mentioned the $199 price was only for one week and at the end only lasted for nearly 4 weeks before went sold out.

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 26 March 2018

VAMatt said:
xl-klaudkil said:

I can't agree. The actual price at retail affects the number of units sold.  The official price is the one that doesn't matter.  1* And, I'm not trying to "fool" anyone.  I'm contributing to the discussion, and pointing out the stone cold fact that many units are sold for less then $299, and many that do sell at the "official" price are bundled with a game.  

*2 It was on sale for the whole xmas season at $199.  It is on sale at Target for $279 just about every other week.  It is on sale at various places at $250 pretty often.  Most units sold are now bundled with a game.  These things significantly impact the value proposition, which in turn significantly impacts sales.  If you want to ignore this stuff, that's fine.  Just know that you're deliberately ignoring relevant facts that affect the sales of PS4, and will continue to have an impact going forward.  

1) BS by far the most units in 2018 have been 299$.
2) that was like 6-7days... wtf? and it sold out before the deal even ended most places. That is a straight up lie, no 2 ways about it.

You know whats been cheap for most of 2018? the Xbox One... its been 229$ for like 1month+ out of the first 3 months in 2018.
And its normal price is 249$ + game bundled.
Compaired with most often 299$ PS4 thats a ~70$ difference in price.

Im calling BS on PS4 regulary being on sale for lower than 299$ this year, thats simply not true.