3 16 12.70%

4 5 3.97%

5 16 12.70%

6 2 1.59%

7 1 0.79%

8 1 0.79%

>8 34 26.98%

Total:126

Intro got 12m views on youtube. Just for context, Switch reveal got 36m, so roughly 1/3rd of potential userbase is at least interested. From what i can make out, most press coverage has been positive. The events seemed to go well, both for families and journo's. It hit number 1 on Amazon both in U.S. and Japan as soon as preorders became available. Each new video makes it jump back up the Amazon preorders chart. All of this points to it being a resounding success, as long as Nintendo can keep the hype up.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
I'll go with 900,000 for the variety kit and 500,000 for the robot kit by the end of 2018.

These seem like sensible predictions, I would also think the variety kit makes around double as much as the robot kit.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Megiddo said:
I'll go with 900,000 for the variety kit and 500,000 for the robot kit by the end of 2018.

These seem like sensible predictions, I would also think the variety kit makes around double as much as the robot kit.

Yeah its a sensible prediction.......if you multiply each by 5

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Labo could be the next Wii Sports.

Maybe not that huge, but it will open up video gaming to a whole new market.
I can see this being popular in Universities (mainly Education programs). Hell, it could be popular in any school.

I don't think it will flop at all.

1doesnotsimply

Oh yes, going to be bumping this thread in a month!
I can't decide where I think it will sell. Definitely a success, but a solid one like 1-3 million or a major 5+ million hit. I'll just wait and see.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Yes, it is. Either people are creaming their pants over it or they just don't give a shit. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground there.

Like Curl said, taking the opinion of your average single, nerdy, forum dwelling gamer probably isnt the best for gauging interest in a product aimed at kids & parents.

Hands-on impressions from the target demographic have been almost exclusively positive.

That's still very narrow viewed as well. What we don't have data on is the common joe. The person who swims the great blue sea. Those people are the target here. He don't know what they're thinking, if they're thinking anything about it at all. 

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Labo could be the next Wii Sports.

And it could also be the next...

Virtual Boy Wario Land

nintendo fanbase will buy anything they put out. the fact that they are putting out ports from last gen for 60 each and they are the best selling games of last year and this year is beyond my brain

It won't last forever...

It depends on the quality of the software. If it's not fun, it may go the way of Wii Music. Otherwise it will huge.

I just saw some footage of people playing the Robot, and I'm not convinced. It seems a little clunky.. I'm gonna wait until I get my hands on it, but so far the Variety Kit seems more fun tooo play. Even though it is the Robot Kit that drives the most attention..

Just last week I was sure this was gonna be huge, but I'm not so sure anymore...could go either way