6 2 1.59%

7 1 0.79%

8 1 0.79%

>8 34 26.98%

Total:126
AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

How is that narrow viewed?

Its aimed at children & parents, they have had hands on events for children & parents and the reception was extremely positive.

Walking up to people and having them try things is different than creating a product and marketing blitz that will reach them when they're not looking for it.

I dont see how that relates to what i said.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
curl-6 said:

Given I've pointed the finger at others rooting for Labo's failure, I should note that I'm biased as well; I want it to succeed.

While it's not for me, in my humble opinion it's one of the most interesting and fresh things to come along in video gaming since the Wii era. These kind of unconventional products are what keeps the industry interesting, and as such I hope it finds success so as to encourage innovation.

its a wanna be VR with cardboard.

Are you someone who likes your opinions to be considered credible/rational or do you just like to make weird comments?  I'm guessing the latter since there is nothing to support the former in your comment.  As you were then. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

How is that narrow viewed?

Its aimed at children & parents, they have had hands on events for children & parents and the reception was extremely positive.

Walking up to people and having them try things is different than creating a product and marketing blitz that will reach them when they're not looking for it.

What makes you think they're not looking for it and why does that matter? It's something Nintendo wanted to pursue and its not like they've never thought about it before. It can be traced back in their toy business days. And again, families and children have participated in these hands-on events and it appears to be positive.

quickrick said:
curl-6 said:

Given I've pointed the finger at others rooting for Labo's failure, I should note that I'm biased as well; I want it to succeed.

While it's not for me, in my humble opinion it's one of the most interesting and fresh things to come along in video gaming since the Wii era. These kind of unconventional products are what keeps the industry interesting, and as such I hope it finds success so as to encourage innovation.

I don't see how it is such thing. Watch the preview videos as well as one of the recent ones by Nintendo. Come back and let us know if that's still what you think.

curl-6 said:

It is neat and fresh, yes but it's scope is for die hard nerds and little children. If it sells great, it won't be selling to people outside of those demographics in the west.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

*sigh*.

You "They shoved it in front of target groups and they loved it!" 

Me "There is a difference between shoving it in front of target groups and getting people who don't even know it exists to buy it in mass."

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

What makes you think they're not looking for it and why does that matter? It's something Nintendo wanted to pursue and its not like they've never thought about it before. It can be traced back in their toy business days. And again, families and children have participated in these hands-on events and it appears to be positive.

quickrick said:

I don't see how it is such thing. Watch the preview videos as well as one of the recent ones by Nintendo. Come back and let us know if that's still what you think.

Meh i watched video, and honestly don't get whats so great about it, but we''ll see april if it takes off.

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

*sigh*.

You "They shoved it in front of target groups and they loved it!" 

Me "There is a difference between shoving it in front of target groups and getting people who don't even know it exists to buy it in mass."

*Sigh*

You're changing goalposts.

You said reception was mixed and people either love it or hate it. I responded that the reception from the target demographic has been almost exclusively positive.

What you said in your last 2 posts is irrelevant.

Last edited by zorg1000 - on 21 March 2018

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

quickrick said:
Kai_Mao said:

Meh i watched video, and honestly don't get whats so great about it, but we''ll see april if it takes off.

Hes not asking if you think it looks good/bad, he wants to know how the you came to the conclusion that its a VR wannabe when it shares nothing in common with VR.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Hes not asking if you think it looks good/bad, he wants to know how the you came to the conclusion that its a VR wannabe when it shares nothing in common with VR.

I seen a robot game that likes like VR, the other stuff is making toys out of card board and using them like the wii kinda of, anyway i have no interest in this, i doubt it will be a hit, but these things you just have to wait till they come out and see how they sell.

AlfredoTurkey said:
curl-6 said:

It is neat and fresh, yes but it's scope is for die hard nerds and little children. If it sells great, it won't be selling to people outside of those demographics in the west.

Does that matter, though? Nerd and kids is a massive demographic, it doesn't need to go beyond that to be successful.