5 16 12.70%

6 2 1.59%

7 1 0.79%

8 1 0.79%

>8 34 26.98%

Total:126
quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Hes not asking if you think it looks good/bad, he wants to know how the you came to the conclusion that its a VR wannabe when it shares nothing in common with VR.

I seen a robot game that likes like VR, the other stuff is making toys out of card board and using them like the wii kinda of, anyway i have no interest in this, i doubt it will be a hit, but these things you just have to wait till they come out and see how they sell.

It would be cool if it does well. It can show that video games are more than just pressing buttons, 4K realistic graphics, VR, and whatnot. Seeing stuff like this isn't a bad thing for the industry. Even though the Wii was considered a fad at the time, it was cool hearing about senior citizens utilizing the Wii Remote to play bowling or something, or even moms utilize the Wii Balance board for Wii Fit. Heck, the DS was innovative in its own right with the touch screen capabilities (even though phones used touch screen before), which is what mobile phones use to a greater extent nowadays.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
quickrick said:

its a wanna be VR with cardboard.

VR is a boring gimmick in my opinion. Labo on the other hand actually looks interesting due to the fun of getting hands-on and building stuff, plus the potential for cool custom creations.

That just blows my mind, really.

VR as the most immersive way to enter a videogame world = gimmick

Cardboard folding = interesting

That's a valid opinion for anyone to have outside a videogame forum. Inside one is bizarre to say the least.

Not criticizing your opinion though, just finding it really weird.

Here's what you're forgetting. Nintendo doesn't need a lot of sales to justify labo. It's a junk game that costs the company almost nothing to make. This isn't Bloodborne here that needs 5 million sales just to break even. I'd bet 3 million or so parents buy labo just to see if their kids would be interested. Even half a million sales would probably be a profit for this piece of shit.  I'd call it a potential goldmine rather than a flop.  

setsunatenshi said:
curl-6 said:

VR is a boring gimmick in my opinion. Labo on the other hand actually looks interesting due to the fun of getting hands-on and building stuff, plus the potential for cool custom creations.

That's a valid opinion for anyone to have outside a videogame forum. Inside one is bizarre to say the least.

I was one of those kids who played with LEGO and made paper planes and stuff, the act of physically building things was a big part of the fun. On the other hand, I find strapping a headset to my face more intrusive than immersive. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

1-2 Switch has sold around 2m despite what people were saying about it so I'm pretty sure Labo will be fine regardless of some people wanting it to fail just because it's not aimed at them.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
setsunatenshi said:

I was one of those kids who played with LEGO and made paper planes and stuff, the act of physically building things was a big part of the fun. On the other hand, I find strapping a headset to my face more intrusive than immersive. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I have a follow up question if you don't mind.

Have you actually tried VR? If yes, which one? If yes again, which VR games or experiences have you tried and what were your complains regarding those?

Honestly curious.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

Hes not asking if you think it looks good/bad, he wants to know how the you came to the conclusion that its a VR wannabe when it shares nothing in common with VR.

I seen a robot game that likes like VR, the other stuff is making toys out of card board and using them like the wii kinda of, anyway i have no interest in this, i doubt it will be a hit, but these things you just have to wait till they come out and see how they sell.

I'd argue it's more AR than VR.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I believe that if it sells 01 million combined, Nintendo will be satisfied. They don´t seem to be pushing Labo really hard like they did with games like Mario Odyssey of ARMS

No offense but anyone who thinks this thing will flop doesn't have kids and are generally out of touch with what parents will buy for their kids.

Even if the sales of it aren't through the roof just out of the gate, just wait for the holidays.

Rogerioandrade said:
I believe that if it sells 01 million combined, Nintendo will be satisfied. They don´t seem to be pushing Labo really hard like they did with games like Mario Odyssey of ARMS

They might be doing a soft launch and see how it works in the market. If Labo then performs well or even better, they can ramp it for the holiday season.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.