5 16 12.70%

6 2 1.59%

7 1 0.79%

8 1 0.79%

>8 34 26.98%

Total:126
AlfredoTurkey said:

it's an extremely polarized product

Is it, though? Most of the negativity towards it coming from forum-dwelling gaming enthusiasts, and frankly their opinions are kinda irrelevant because they are not the target audience. 

Around the Network

I predict it will do 5 million. I think it will be a revolutionary product that continues to have long legs with the Switch. It's also important to define in this prediction thread what Labo is. Is Labo a family of software releases? Is it the Variety Pack and the Giant Robot and the already revealed titles each counting as a single sell? If they only manage to impress 1 million gamers they could sell 5-6 difefrent packs to these gamers alone totalling 6 million sales. My prediction is based on that scenario. This doesn't even include the money Nintendo will make on decorator kits.

Of course, it's possible that the Labo software will be available separately and that each of these packs won't include a new piece of software. But at that point, the price of each pack would reduce considerably, fueling the notion that Labo is a very dynamic piece of software that continues to expand its uselfulness with each subsequent pack release.

And to all the haters who just want this to fail because they don't like the concept, make sure you have adjusted your predictions to account for that hate. It clouds judgment. This wil not pull resources away from major game development and only will enhance the mindshare the Switch has.

After seeing quite a few surprise hits the past few years, I no longer count anything out since it's been proven otherwise time and time again. Labo could end up failing, but it could end up being quite a success as well. So I won't be counting this one out.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Pyro as Bill said:
It will flop eventually but a bit of sticky tape should fix it.

Apparently the build quality is decent, with multiple folds for extra support.

So it should remain quite rigid.

Tmfwang said:
kirby007 said:
What do you think you get?

Cardboard and minigames. However the general public (just an assumption, based on comments on it) thinks it just the cardboard. 

Still way too expensive for what it actually is.

Don't forget the simple visual programming software.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

it's an extremely polarized product

Is it, though? Most of the negativity towards it coming from forum-dwelling gaming enthusiasts, and frankly their opinions are kinda irrelevant because they are not the target audience.

Yep, most of the negativity is simply because some people think everything needs to cater specifically to them and anything that doesnt should/will fail.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Interesting how the majority think it will do more than 8 million, I personally don't believe it will sell those type of numbers. Though if it does, it will take a year or two to reach that. It's not going to be a blockbuster out of the gate like Wii Sports IMO.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Interesting how the majority think it will do more than 8 million, I personally don't believe it will sell those type of numbers. Though if it does, it will take a year or two to reach that. It's not going to be a blockbuster out of the gate like Wii Sports IMO.

As of writing this, only 14 out of 53 votes are for 8 million plus, hardly a "majority".

curl-6 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

As of writing this, only 14 out of 53 votes are for 8 million plus, hardly a "majority".

My bad worded that wrong (I forget how literal people take things), but >8 million is in the lead with 26% of votes

Ljink96 said:

Are people really forgetting that this comes with software? It's not just cardboard like Google Cardboard...if it was we would know. Most of the cost comes from the software that is necessary to get the most out of Labo. If we can't pick up on what Labo is, I don't think we even need to make sales predictions.

And we consider 1 Million or 2 Million sales a flop? Okay.

This is something that teaches kids about complex concepts from an early age, of course most people won't understand it. I think this is an awesome product for kids and beats the heck out of any toy to come before it in terms of edutainment. It'll be big with the Maker movement for sure and although I don't expect it to be huge, I don't expect it to quote, "flop"

It's not triple A it doesn't count. Come on, you know the rules!