3 16 12.70%

4 5 3.97%

5 16 12.70%

6 2 1.59%

7 1 0.79%

8 1 0.79%

>8 34 26.98%

Total:126

2-3 million for a new IP is not a flop. Especially when that IP is as cheap to develop as Labo would've been.

Personally, I think there's immense potential in Labo; if the marketing team nails it and they get STEM clubs, schools, etc on board, 10 million plus isn't out of the question.

Sadly, a lot of "hardcore" gamers want to fail because they seem to have the attitude that if a game isn't aimed at them first and foremost, it doesn't deserve to exist.

Around the Network

I honestly have this hunch too. Of course, flop in terms of my expectations being this the next Wii Fit, but I don't know what are Nintendo expectations.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

VGPolyglot said:
quickrick said:
yea i think it will flop as well.

What do you consider to be a flop?

Anything developed or funded by Nintendo is automatically flop material.

think-man said:
quickrick said:

2-3 million.

2-3 million would be amazing, I'd say less than 1 million is a flop. 

Are you talking less than a million for each individual kit, or the combined total of the variety and robot kit, or the combined total of all Labo kits that Nintendo will end up releasing? Also this is worldwide I assume, correct?

quickrick said:
think-man said:

2-3 million would be amazing, I'd say less than 1 million is a flop. 

seems like every game nintedo releases is a big hit, i really doubt nintedo would be happy with 2-3 million, they have been pushing it like crazy saying its there next big thing to attract new people to buy switch.

How have they been pushing it like crazy?  I've read lots of Nintendo fans hyping up Labo as the next big thing but I don't recall Nintendo doing anything more than uploading some videos and hosting a couple of press events.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Slownenberg said:

That's crazy! This isn't a major Nintendo franchise game. It's a kids toy peripheral. 2-3 million would be a great success for Labo! Switch's user base is people in their 20s and 30s. Some of those people have kids. Labo is aimed at getting those parents to buy Labo so their kids can play with the Switch too. Labo isn't going for a Mario/Zelda/MarioKart/Smash audience. I don't know in what world you think selling 2-3 million kid's toy peripherals would be a flop!

Mnementh said:

OK, which games are a flop at 2-3 million? A new GTA selling 2-3 million would be certainlya flop, but that is the outlier. 2-3 million for something new, something that needs crafting skills (which isn't that common among gamers), something pretty expensive as it contains physical stuff - this is not  bad.

I think nintendo invested a lot into this project and looking for a kinect like hit.

I don't think cardboard and strings + some mini games = invested a lot. I also doubt that Nintendo, a company whose history is rooted in toy making where no product is guaranteed to be massive success, is going to go into this expecting to sell 20+ million units.

I also do not see how 2-3 million would be a flop. Mind you that number is not a massive success but they will surely make back the cost of development on a project like this with those types of unit sales.

Shut Up . Obama😠 !

curl-6 said:

2-3 million for a new IP is not a flop. Especially when that IP is as cheap to develop as Labo would've been.

Personally, I think there's immense potential in Labo; if the marketing team nails it and they get STEM clubs, schools, etc on board, 10 million plus isn't out of the question.

Sadly, a lot of "hardcore" gamers want to fail because they seem to have the attitude that if a game isn't aimed at them first and foremost, it doesn't deserve to exist.

100% This. I've seen that kind of childish mentality far too often. So many insecure people out there

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

most of the expenses made on labo are probably shipping costs:D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Shut Up . Obama😠 !

Urusai Obama-kun 😠!