By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who do you predict will win World Cup 2018?

Who will win WC 2018?

Germany 21 26.58%

England 4 5.06%

Argentina 6 7.59%

Brazil 25 31.65%

Portugal 5 6.33%

Spain 1 1.27%

France 5 6.33%

Russia 2 2.53%

Others 10 12.66%

Total:79

Germany. I'd like Argentina to win it so Messi can have a World Cup to his name.

Around the Network

Argentina

Either Germany or Brazil.... No chance for Argentina as Messi typically fails outside the Barca system.

Uzbekistan.

Mummelmann said:
Why is England in the poll? The last time they won anything of significance, my dad was six years old and they've never won the Euros.

I'm English and was going to ask why England is there. Are leagues are full of foreign players and we really don't develop that many great local players because of it. While I'm not saying England can't win the world cup I feel there are other teams that should be in that voting list rather than England. I will of course be supporting England with all my heart hoping but realistically I can't see us winning. 

I'd go with Germany or Brazil with maybe a good chance for Spain.

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
Mummelmann said:
Why is England in the poll? The last time they won anything of significance, my dad was six years old and they've never won the Euros.

I'm English and was going to ask why England is there. Are leagues are full of foreign players and we really don't develop that many great local players because of it. While I'm not saying England can't win the world cup I feel there are other teams that should be in that voting list rather than England. I will of course be supporting England with all my heart hoping but realistically I can't see us winning. 

England having too many foreigners isn't the primary reason, it's the model the league uses for success, and that is money, money and money. It is easier to spend money rather than develop youth. La liga on the other hand is the complete opposite, minus Real Madrid, a lot of those teams have no choice but to develop youngsters.

England has plenty of good youth players, they are the holders of recent international tournaments. Barca even poached an Arsenal youngster recently.

I hope we do but honestly the team now is definitely not as good as the World Cup winning team of '14.

Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Klose and Mertesacker aren't easy to replace.

bonzobanana said:
Mummelmann said:

The current English national team is the best its been for many, many years, but a lot of it comes down to strange team selection and shit management. There's a lot of youth talent in the English roster for sure, but all the talent in the world can't beat a shit coach, I mean; look at Belgium, for instance.

Nobody cares Spain ?

A team I wouldn't want to win like Germany or Brazil. I predict Germany. It would be awesome to see a team like Nigeria win it, though.

Also, why is this not in the sports section?

Last edited by HomokHarcos - on 11 March 2018