By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who do you predict will win World Cup 2018?

Who will win WC 2018?

Germany 21 26.58%

England 4 5.06%

Argentina 6 7.59%

Brazil 25 31.65%

Portugal 5 6.33%

Spain 1 1.27%

France 5 6.33%

Russia 2 2.53%

Others 10 12.66%

Total:79
fory77 said:
Costa Rica - Brazil 1:1 (4:3 penalties)

That would be awesome!

Around the Network

Surprised how low Spain is in the vote. I'd put them as my third choice to win. Is Russia any good I thought they'd have less chance than England although saying that as host country and terrible cheats they might come up with something. Probably the plane carrying the Brazilian team and plane carrying the German team will collide with each other.

Denmark!

Allez les Bleus!

Now, I don't think they're gonna win, but I'll be rooting for them, like always.

For the actual winner, I think either Germany or Brazil - the most likely candidates.

Edit: Just noticed that Russia is in the poll? Why, that's a bizzarre choice.

I know is FIFA is definitely hoping for a Germany-Brazil rematch at the World Cup.

Around the Network

I think people in my country are overconfident due to our team´s performance at the qualifiers.....

We  had the only organized team in the region, that´s why they qualified so effortly. 

Rogerioandrade said:

I think people in my country are overconfident due to our team´s performance at the qualifiers.....

We  had the only organized team in the region, that´s why they qualified so effortly. 

Reminds me of Austria during the last Euros...

The safe bet is: Germany, Brazil, France or Argentina. I will go with Portugal. Cristiano Ronaldo is a beast and I think that the 2018's World Cup is a big chance for some different nation to win. I, as always, will support Mexico (although I'm from Brazil).

I've been rooting for Netherlands since '94 but unfortunately they didn't make it. I hope Portugal will win it, just so I can see C.Ronaldo lifting the trophy. I think France will win it though. Or Germany or Brazil heh. Germany had to replace many great players like Schweinsteiger, Lahm and Klose. Muller didn't score loads at Euros. Do they have a good goalscorer now? Timo Werner? Stindl isn't a out-and-out striker I think.

mZuzek said:
Rogerioandrade said:

We  had the only organized team in the region, that´s why they qualified so effortlessly. 

I'm Argentine, so take that as you will.

I do believe Argentina has an overall better squad and may go further in the next World Cup than Brazil.  Besides, Argentine players seems to deal better with pressure than Brazilians. Argentina just need a better coach. 

We will only succeed in this World Cup if Tite somehow teach our players to be less emotional and more focused.  That was our main problem in the last WC as well in the last Copa America