By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do you cope with knowing you will die?

I don't care. I won't know if I'm dead, and won't even know the moment it happens.

Also, and this will sound more pessimistic than it is because this is in some ways a comforting thought, but humans as a whole are too arrogant. In reality mine and anyone's time here compared to the life of the Earth and the universe is less meaningful than a single grain of sand on an endless beach. I can have no impact whatsoever. The entire human species can have no impact whatsoever. Our very existence from the moment Homo Erectus first stood up a couple hundred thousand years ago to the moment Homo Sapiens Sapiens destroys itself is just a blink of an eye, and nobody has any control over it. So what does it matter? All you can do is enjoy yourself a little.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 03 March 2018

Around the Network

I take note of how if someone or some kind of alien in our or another universe invents time travel we could end up being enslaved forever with our heads in a glass jar working forever. :/

Lube Me Up

I'm grand, it's the fact that I know I'll be attending the funerals of my parents and probably older brother that always get to me.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I used to be extremely afraid of death.

And then I just started thinking "I'll think about death when I die" And now I just don't think about it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Maybe I will find out what's going on when I am dead.. or not. The cycle repeats. This life starts all over from the beginning and I just do what I do. With my memories being erased, it's like the first try all over again. Sounds depressing....

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Why people fear death is puzzling to say the least.Death is as natural as breathing.Everyone is here for a time,so make the most of it or not.It's best to don't spend your whole life worrying about something that comes to all.

I try not to, because I’d make my family incredibly sad. Other than that I don’t really care. If my fate decides that it’s time to go, I’ll go. What I’m scared of is having an accident and being paralysed or blind etc. for the rest of my life. I’d prefer just to die in that case.

Its quite terrifying really isnt it? I also struggle with this, my biggest fear is death, im also convinced i will die of cancer. On a happier not its the weekend have fun peeps and stay safe

been dead for billions of years before we were born. didn't hurt or scare us one bit, did it? :)

It honestly doesn't bother me. It's the one thing that is for sure in life, we all die.