By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How do you cope with knowing you will die?

Most people don't cope with death and that's why religions exist so that people can be taken on a placebo trip and thus don't need to worry about it.
As for me, I don't believe in all that nonsense so yeah, I know I'm going to die some day and none of what I do here truly matters, at best what I do in this world is just a pass time... See my signature.

Around the Network

Tom Nook is immortal, that's all that matters.

Carl2291 said:
I don't care.

Why waste your life away worrying about the inevitable? Why waste your life away worrying about shit that really doesn't matter?

Enjoy the time you have on this planet, do right by your family and friends and leave something positive for people to remember you by. As long as you have a clear conscience, you've got fuck all to worry about.

Well, it's not like I really want to worry this much over it, it's something that I want to be at ease with but have extreme difficulty doing so.

I try to ignore it. Mostly successful, but on some evenings it catches up to me. But then I go to sleep and forget about it in the morning. I assume it'll get worse as I get older, but oh well.

You need to have faith

in Capitalism

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Just do the best you can and realize no one is perfect. Understand that a lot of days are just going to be ok. Having a real expectation in life leads to more happiness and you'll worry less about topics like this.

The older I get the less I mind it ending at some point. No more pain, no more bullshit, no more having to get up every morning. I don't believe in god or any afterlife. I'll simply cease to exist for all I know, which doesn't seem any different from dreamless sleep that never ends.

It's the how that is scary. DNR please and no extraordinary measures keeping me alive on a machine, no thanks. For now I enjoy life every moment I can for as long as my body and mind will allow it, which should still be a long time.

I am looking forward to it.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

I just dont think about it, too many things in life to worry about for me to be worrying about the one thing i can not stop.

Edit: also living forever wouldnt be desirable either, at least not for me.

Just accept it. And there might be some sort of afterlife when you die so in a way you're mind really won't be dead.