By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn sells 7.6 million copies in its first year.

Woah, congrats Sony and Guerilla games. The game is great from the few hours I've played

Great to see a brand new IP doing so well, critically and commercially.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
think-man said:
melbye said:
Great game that will forever be known as the game overshadowed by Breath of the Wild

? I've never known it as that lol you might be alone on this one xD

I think a ton of people feel this way actually. Only the bad ones who downplay HDZ sales should be ignored

melbye said:
Great game that will forever be known as the game overshadowed by Breath of the Wild

I haven't felt any need to play BotW while thinking about Horizon.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If this thread turns into a Horizon vs Breath of the Wild dick measuring contest I'm gonna ban the lot of you.

tbone51 said:
think-man said:

? I've never known it as that lol you might be alone on this one xD

I think a ton of people feel this way actually. Only the bad ones who downplay HDZ sales should be ignored

Probably the ton of Nintendo fans. But does it matter?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Dammit. I have been championing this game since it came out. This game is amazing, just as good as the other GOTY contenders from that year. But I didn't know it was at 8 million for first year! That's almost twice this site's numbers. I mean, look, I get that the game has a somewhat higher digital sale rate (I think 27%? which is 2% higher than normal?) but COME ON!

Anyways ... this is funny, because an analyst said he thought Horizon would sell 8 million LIFETIME. Now 12 million looks very likely. This makes my God of War prediction all the more likely Actually ... I might have to raise that too!

Amazing sales for an amazing game!

GribbleGrunger said:
JustThatGamer said:
Amazing numbers, really need to give Horizon a try. Also seeing how well this game has done I reckon God of War & The Last of Us 2 will easily sell 10m plus.

If you get it don't forget to pick up the 'Complete' edition which includes the DLC.

Cheers, will do! 

JustThatGamer said:
GribbleGrunger said:

If you get it don't forget to pick up the 'Complete' edition which includes the DLC.

Cheers, will do! 

I wouldn't recommend going into the DLC area until you are at least level 30. you'll know when you meet the quest giver for that area, the colour of the icon is different. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Carl2291 said:
If this thread turns into a Horizon vs Breath of the Wild dick measuring contest I'm gonna ban the lot of you.

I hope this wasnt aimed at me

DonFerrari said:
tbone51 said:

Probably the ton of Nintendo fans. But does it matter?

Yes because its all ninty fans. Im talking overall. The game was compared side by side for many reasons. No games did bad. Both did exceptionally well. hDZ a new ip that is exclusive could sell 10mil lifetime. Even if it stops now only a very select few ips done this feat. No downplaying calm down

Ka-pi96 said:
tbone51 said:

In that case I'd have to question whether those people know what "overshadowed" means.

Now Battleborn is a game that is known as being overshadowed (by Overwatch). Horizon though, achieved great critical and commercial success. There's no overshadowing whatsoever there, unless your argument is that it would have sold 15m+ by now if not for Zelda?

I get your point. Overshadow is such a strong word, its just HDZ if released maybe at a different time wouldnt be compared to as much as BotW.