By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 06 January 2018

quickrick said:
SKMBlake said:

That's impossible, quickrick said the Switch barely reached 13 millions 2 days ago and your estimations show it's very close to 14 millions, and that would mean he's clueless, but that's impossible

I actually gave good info in the other thread, don't see the reason for the personal insult

Your "good info" also said i was wrong to think Switch was undertracked when they had it at 12.3 million.......

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Farewell, our dear Gen 7... and Wii U.

RIP PS3, X360, WIIU

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

I actually gave good info in the other thread, don't see the reason for the personal insult

Your "good info" also said i was wrong to think Switch was undertracked when they had it at 12.3 million.......

i mean we still don't really know how many nintendo really sold, i thought it was around at 12.5 to 12.6,, and i was always thought they would ship 14.5 million shipped, till i started seeing shortages in japan , aside from that if the nintendo  10 million report as of december 10 is really sold through WW with out excluding any regions since it doesn't state that, along with the npd data, there is no way they sold  over 3 million.

curl-6 said:

Xbox One looking very unhealthy, less than 1/3 of either PS4 or Switch. 

Time for Wii U/PS3/360 to be retired from the charts I reckon.

XBO sold 18k more this week than it did the first week of 2017 so it's up YOY

Op: Switch on top is a bit of a surprise. Let's see if it can maintain it.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

i mean we still don't really know how many nintendo really sold, i thought it was around at 12.5 to 12.6,, and i was always thought they would ship 14.5 million shipped, till i started seeing shortages in japan , aside from that if the nintendo  10 million report as of december 10 is really sold through WW with out excluding any regions since it doesn't state that, along the npd data, there is no way they sold  over 3 million.

Sounds like a bunch of deflection so you dont have to admit you were wrong.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

jason1637 said:
curl-6 said:

Xbox One looking very unhealthy, less than 1/3 of either PS4 or Switch. 

Time for Wii U/PS3/360 to be retired from the charts I reckon.

XBO sold 18k more this week than it did the first week of 2017 so it's up YOY

Still very poor sales though; it's getting smashed by both its main competitors in every territory and is even behind the 7-year-old-and-replaced 3DS globally.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

i mean we still don't really know how many nintendo really sold, i thought it was around at 12.5 to 12.6,, and i was always thought they would ship 14.5 million shipped, till i started seeing shortages in japan , aside from that if the nintendo  10 million report as of december 10 is really sold through WW with out excluding any regions since it doesn't state that, along the npd data, there is no way they sold  over 3 million.

so you know for a fact nintendo sold over 13 million as of december 31? i will happily admit i was wrong with facts involved, and not just speculation.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

so you know for a fact nintendo sold over 13 million as of december 31? i will happily admit i was wrong with facts involved, and not just speculation.

Yes, because they said so and because their shpment data supports it unless you believe it had ~2.5 million on shelves or in transit.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Yes, because they said so and because their shpment data supports it unless you believe it had ~2.5 million on shelves or in transit.

The 13 million sold through number is announced as of now, everybody is in agreement with that, i believe 2.1 million on shelves/in transit is the norm, especially with a system that had stock problems the whole year, if they got there stuff together its not some crazy numbers, ps4 had 4 million on shelves at one point, but usually around 2 million.