By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 06 January 2018

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Labo has the potential to be a killer app I reckon, though I think it's the only release confirmed for the first half of the year with any real system selling power.

While none of the other games are individually big system sellers, i believe that combined they have the ability to prevent momentum from dropping.

Also need to consider that last years big titles will still likely be pushing hardware to an extent.

I don't think momentum will collapse, but I do expect it to slacken a little in Feb-April, then pick up again when Labo hits. If it weren't for Labo I'd be genuinely concerned for Q2, but I think Nintendo has a hit on their hands here.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Labo has the potential to be a killer app I reckon, though I think it's the only release confirmed for the first half of the year with any real system selling power.

While none of the other games are individually big system sellers, i believe that combined they have the ability to prevent momentum from dropping.

Also need to consider that last years big titles will still likely be pushing hardware to an extent.

Agreed!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

I don't think momentum will collapse, but I do expect it to slacken a little in Feb-April, then pick up again when Labo hits. If it weren't for Labo I'd be genuinely concerned for Q2, but I think Nintendo has a hit on their hands here.

Idk, Feb/March are typically pretty strong months in the US due to tax season and supply still hasnt caught up to demand yet in Japan.

I dont see any slack in momentum happening in the next few months.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Thumbs up for getting rid of gen 7 and Wii U.

I would suggest to get rid of vita as well. It's not really relevant enough to stay there anymore.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:

I would suggest to get rid of vita as well. It's not really relevant enough to stay there anymore.

Big Vita fanboy here: The Vita is selling much less than the other current systems to be sure, but still much more than recently removed platforms, which stuck around the hardware table at extremely low levels for quite a while, with numbers floating around the hundreds. Too lazy to check, but I don't think the Vita has ever dropped below 5 figures.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
flashfire926 said:

Big Vita fanboy here: The Vita is selling much less than the other current systems to be sure, but still much more than recently removed platforms, which stuck around the hardware table at extremely low levels for quite a while, with numbers floating around the hundreds.

Ya Vita should remain for the time being, this will probably be its last year tracked i think.

By this time next year it will be doing under 1000 weekly.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.