By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 4): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - January 22-28, 2018 (Monster Hunter World Week)

I am also curious about how well will PS4 hold on next week with DBFZ. MHW certainly will have a lasting effect.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Acevil said:

Shouldn't it have been a thing back when PS4 Slim launched or FF15?

Possibly. I can't remember. Wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS cock blocked it back then though.

3DS cock blocking a pacman? Now that's something you don't often hear on gaming sites!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

MONSTER HUNTER!!!!

Sorry, everything else doesn't matter this week.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

vivster said:
Where's the rest of those 2m?

That was an estimate including digital. As that had 1.35M physical that would mean 650K digital, which is gigantic.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ka-pi96 said:
heh, PS4 pac man is finally a thing

Lol, more of a half moon.

Around the Network

I mean, going home console only is literally aelienating half of the existing fanbase in jqpan so... they kinda have to?

Noooooo Xenobladeeeeeee!!!!!!

Anyways, with the financial report out, we now know that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 already sold a wooping 260k as of the end of December!Even if we assume that number is shipped, given that Xenoblade has been out of stock for a while in Japan, sold through numbers should be really close to the shipped numbers.At this pace, it could easily surprass 400k on Japan alone this year.

Source:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180131_3e.pdf

As for the PS4, holy damn it did sold great this week.I expected a good number of hardware sales, but not this much.MHW also did excellent.We will need to see how its legs will be, but I have a feeling that it will cross the 2 millions mark in two months or so.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Acevil said:
celador said:
must be a lot of salt among the group of nintendo fans that were sure MH World would bomb (or were at least desperate for it to). That franchise isn't sticking to Nintendo anymore that's for sure

I imagine they would go back to familiar model (the one they use to do) of doing handheld version for Japan and doing console version, interchangeably, however I do not see them putting that many resources into handheld version.

Wouldn't the most realistic scenario be MHW being downported to Switch and future titles continue to be PS4/NSW/XBO/PC?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

To be expected. We'll see its legs.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

So, I wonder how much the Xbox One will sell next week. I assume that boost was only for Monster Hunter.