By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 4): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - January 22-28, 2018 (Monster Hunter World Week)

Hiku said:
xMetroid said:
Nice sales for MH. Better than i expected. Congrats to Capcom, hope they are satisfied with the numbers.

Ubisoft also having good sales in Japan with M+R. Good for them.

Monster Hunter 3G (3DS): 521 959
Monster Hunter 4 (3DS): 1 715 060
Monster Hunter 4 U (3DS): 1 446 289
Monster Hunter X (3DS): 1 488 367
Monster Hunter XX (3DS): 848 467
Monster Hunter XX (Switch): 84 277

Three Monster Hunter games on 3DS had better opening weeks. At least not counting digital sales. MHW may have done better than MH4U and MHX if the digital ratio is around 25%. (Tekken 7 had more than that FW for example.)
But it most certainly didn't have a better opening week than MH4.

So wouldn't you say that, from the perspective of opening week in Japan, it's a terrible failure?

~Edit~
Whops, it appears it sold over 2 million including digital, according to Famitsu: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234514
ダウンロード版を含めると、200万本を超える勢いと推測されます。

So it had a digital ratio of around 38%.
I guess it's not a terrible failure then. Thank god! I could have accepted a mild disappointment, not reaching it's fullest potential, but terrible failure would have been unacceptable.

Yes but I'm keeping in mind it will probably perform better in other regions than 3DS games.

But i don't expect it to have good legs in Japan. It will probably fall off like DQ. I think PS4 will fall back under 40k soon.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
zippy said:

Lol, more of a half moon.

Include the PS4 Pro and it's more of a pac man

Good spot mate :)

Kerotan said:
Dr.Vita said:

Amazing first week for Monster Hunter, the Monster Hunter series is finally back home where it belongs!!!

Without a doubt I could see this game becoming the biggest home console game of this generation!!!

Where are all the Nintendo fanboys now that claimed that Monster Hunter couldn't sell on a Playstation home console? XD

They hsvehgone dolrmt over reseters anyway. Ever simve this game wws even rumoured tjry went into full on console war mode. Now the numbers are out they have nothing to say. BeautiBea silence. 

Are you drunk?

great numbers for monster hunter and ps4, hope for a good second week

MHW is really impressive, big boost for PS4

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
VGPolyglot said:
So, I wonder how much the Xbox One will sell next week. I assume that boost was only for Monster Hunter.

Well it gets a price cut there, so maybe at least slightly better than before

Oh yeah, I forgot about the price-cut.

Kerotan said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
It's possible to have that Digital ratio when it's sold out in Japan. Hopefully it's true. Can't wait for the monthly Digital sales for Famitsu.

When do we get these ? 

IIRC its always on the 3rd week of the month. I will need to double check this.

xMetroid said:
Hiku said:

Monster Hunter 3G (3DS): 521 959
Monster Hunter 4 (3DS): 1 715 060
Monster Hunter 4 U (3DS): 1 446 289
Monster Hunter X (3DS): 1 488 367
Monster Hunter XX (3DS): 848 467
Monster Hunter XX (Switch): 84 277

Three Monster Hunter games on 3DS had better opening weeks. At least not counting digital sales. MHW may have done better than MH4U and MHX if the digital ratio is around 25%. (Tekken 7 had more than that FW for example.)
But it most certainly didn't have a better opening week than MH4.

So wouldn't you say that, from the perspective of opening week in Japan, it's a terrible failure?

~Edit~
Whops, it appears it sold over 2 million including digital, according to Famitsu: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234514
ダウンロード版を含めると、200万本を超える勢いと推測されます。

So it had a digital ratio of around 38%.
I guess it's not a terrible failure then. Thank god! I could have accepted a mild disappointment, not reaching it's fullest potential, but terrible failure would have been unacceptable.

Yes but I'm keeping in mind it will probably perform better in other regions than 3DS games.

But i don't expect it to have good legs in Japan. It will probably fall off like DQ. I think PS4 will fall back under 40k soon.

It's sold out in Japan atm. With stores saying that they will be able to get stock in Feb. 3. It's a great sign for legs it means Capcom wasn't able to meet the demand for retail in Japan although at the same time digital will be high. 

Already looking forward to the potential of FFVII PS4, but that might be for PS5 at SE pace.

Shadow1980 said: 

The Vita is slowly but surely declining as well.

Slowly? Its down like 65% YoY.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Fantastic sales for Monster Hunter World, it did much better than most people expected it to do . PS4 sales are incredible too.