By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 4): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - January 22-28, 2018 (Monster Hunter World Week)

zorg1000 said:
Acevil said:

I imagine they would go back to familiar model (the one they use to do) of doing handheld version for Japan and doing console version, interchangeably, however I do not see them putting that many resources into handheld version.

Wouldn't the most realistic scenario be MHW being downported to Switch and future titles continue to be PS4/NSW/XBO/PC?

If a switch game follows the same model as the psp games it will probably be a combo of stuff from world along with a few new maps and monsters. I could see them doing straight ports of the less demanding stuff and replacing the harder to port stuff with original content. 

Last edited by collint0101 - on 31 January 2018

Around the Network

Big week for Ps4 and Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter surprised me, especially WW. I thought it would be big, but I expected a 50/50 split between japan and WW at best. Seems like we got more along the lines of 40/60 in favour of WW.

I still think Capcom would be stupid to not put it on the Switch as it is clearly going to be a strong platform WW going forward and is going to dominate japan (even though the ps4 has been doing really well in the lead-up to MH and this week obviously :P).

That being said, where the heck is the Dragon Quest Switch version at? Is it going to be a WW simultanious release on Swich, since apparently the localized version releases this year?

Switch is still supply constrained, nothing new there (and if nintendos forecast of 2.9 million shipped for the quarter holds true, we might not see those numbers improve that much, since US+ROW seem to get prioritized shipments over japan, it should do ~63k a week until end of March if the 25% stay accurate).

Mario+Rabbits continues to be a pleasant surprise and Zelda had a good week.

Last edited by SuperNova - on 31 January 2018

Awesome mhw and ps4 sales!

Now onto dbfz and dynasty warriors

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Playstation pacman baby!

My estimates put first week over 1.5m when you include digital. Just insane. It can do 2m lifetime. You'd have to go back to the ps2 days to find a playstation home console game selling more. This can also outsell splatoon Wii u and become the best selling home console title of the gen.

Ps4 vs ps3 graph by Hiska-San. Ps4 in beast mode  Basically guaranteed to hit7ma and f 7.5m before ps3.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
So, I wonder how much the Xbox One will sell next week. I assume that boost was only for Monster Hunter.

I’ve heard that MH:W is PS4 exclusive in Japan due to the non existent Xbox one install base and pc gaming isn’t big there.  It’s happened with other games. I could be wrong 

ZS said:
VGPolyglot said:
So, I wonder how much the Xbox One will sell next week. I assume that boost was only for Monster Hunter.

I’ve heard that MH:W is PS4 exclusive in Japan due to the non existent Xbox one install base and pc gaming isn’t big there.  It’s happened with other games. I could be wrong 

Yes it is exclusive in Japan. But looking at Japanese amazon it seems that some people were desperate to play it on one x so they imported it from the US. 

VGPolyglot said:

You would be right but somehow the X model still sold less than the week before. Very odd.

Really Nintendo?

VGPolyglot said:

Well it gets a price cut there, so maybe at least slightly better than before

OT:

-Superb numbers for MHW

-Great week for Switch software, 10 out of the top 20 are Switch games

-Switch sales are slowly rising, possibly to reach  over 50k per week starting February