By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 4): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - January 22-28, 2018 (Monster Hunter World Week)

Hiku said:

MC: PS4 Pro - 30, 122    
Famitsu: PS4 Pro - 26,885

Does that mean that Sony shipped less than 30k PS4 Pro Monster Hunter World Edition?
It seemed like they were sold out in Japan quickly, and I seem to recall hearing that there were around 45k of them.

I do not know. But the Monster Hunter Edition was very limited. And the great demand was underestimated - the ps4game (retail) is over 90% sold out in Japan. (I heard it on another page)

Around the Network
Ck1x said:
I wonder how long it will take Switch to outsell PS4 lifetime in Japan? My guess is that if Pokemon does release this year it will before the 2018 holiday season

This year without Pokemon easily.

I said this several times and I will say once again:People are overestimating Pokemon importance for the success of the hardware.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Ck1x said:
I wonder how long it will take Switch to outsell PS4 lifetime in Japan? My guess is that if Pokemon does release this year it will before the 2018 holiday season

This year without Pokemon easily.

I said this several times and I will say once again:People are overestimating Pokemon importance for the success of the hardware.

Yep

Pokemon D/P released ~2 years after DS launch and it had already sold over 11 million in Japan by that point.

Pokemon X/Y released ~2.5 years after 3DS launch and it had already sold over 13 million in Japan by that point.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ck1x said:

All depends on Nintendo keeping up with stock.