By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze $60?

is $60 too expensive for Tropical Freeze on the Switch?

yes 66 74.16%

no 23 25.84%

Total:89

ARE YOU SAYIN' THE GAME AIN'T WORTH IT? COME ON, DONKEY DUDE! IT'S FUNKY WORTH IT!!

*with Jamaican accent*

Around the Network

Is expected, MK8 DX and Pokken is listed at full price

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Eh. That's well too much. It's certainly possible to release it for less. I'm assuming the fact it has a small, but dedicated fan base is one of the reasons it's so high. Gouge the loyalists, while anticipating modest overall sales. Still, Sega released a remaster of Valkyria Chronicles, a nicely upgraded port of Yakuza 0, and a redone from the ground up Yakuza 1 ( Kiwami ) on the PS4 for $30 each. And all came in primo Steelbook cases. That's how this shit CAN be done.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 24 January 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

BraLoD said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Money💰

/thread

Of course the root reason is money.

However, with the Switch I seriously wonder if Nintendo will benefit from $60 first party titles only. Shouldn't they aim for cheaper titles as well? Some Sony titles released at lower than sixty, and I fail to see why a port is not only full priced, but more expensive than the original entry

monocle_layton said:
BraLoD said:

/thread

However, with the Switch I seriously wonder if Nintendo will benefit from $60 first party titles only. Shouldn't they aim for cheaper titles as well? Some Sony titles released at lower than sixty, and I fail to see why a port is not only full priced, but more expensive than the original entry

All we can do is speak with our wallet. That's the only language many companies understand.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
monocle_layton said:

All we can do is speak with our wallet. That's the only language many companies understand.

Well, of course. I'm not gonna criticize the price and buy it for $60. I criticized US/UM being a moneygrab and didn't buy it, and I continue to speak w/ my wallet regardless of the company. 

KLXVER said:
monocle_layton said:

That rearely works.

They either take the other M route and think we don't like DKC, or most people buy it anyway.

Speaking with your wallet does not work ubless a substantial about collaborates to do so (like over 10%). And they know most wii U owners won't buy it so...

TheBraveGallade said:
KLXVER said:

That rearely works.

They either take the other M route and think we don't like DKC, or most people buy it anyway.

Speaking with your wallet does not work ubless a substantial about collaborates to do so (like over 10%). And they know most wii U owners won't buy it so...

Well that's a risk we`ll have to take. I love Tropical Freeze, but I'm not paying full price for a game that wasn't even full price to begin with. When they lower the price and people start buying it, then they'll probably understand that it was a price issue and not a demand issue.

That's normal for nintendo.

I dont understand why you guys are asking the same question every time a switch game is announced. If you dont like the price, just simply dont buy it.