By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze $60?

is $60 too expensive for Tropical Freeze on the Switch?

yes 66 74.16%

no 23 25.84%

Total:89
RolStoppable said:
spemanig said:

Those games aren't years old ports.

Sure, but a truly good game will remain a good game forever, just like it is for movies and music. Paying for quality shouldn't be scoffed at.

Of course, anyone who considers the price too high is free to wait until the price drops to what they consider an appropriate level.

this. I honestly believe how old a game is shouldn't be a large determining factor to how much it costs. I mean sure, it should play some part maybe, but overall if a game plays like a $60 game then by all means.

But one thing is for sure, at the end of the day, us gamers are the ones who vote with our wallets what games end up being bought. So the game may end up selling well or it may sell fairly and Nintendo has the advantage now of saying okay, we will have a holiday price special for so and so game! It's business!

One last thing people have to remember that Nintendo developed these games that no one hardly bought! Sure, Donkey is not the biggest name around but if we want more lets support. 60 is high but its okay this is a quality title and is worth every penny. I'm buying.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

I need to rebuy 3D World for Wii U and it's still $60. Both are worth the money.

bigtakilla said:
I need to rebuy 3D World for Wii U and it's still $60. Both are worth the money.

No it's not 60 bucks. At least not in America. It's 20 bucks. Just like DK Tropical Freeze on Wii U is 20 bucks.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
bigtakilla said:

No it's not 60 bucks. At least not in America. It's 20 bucks. Just like DK Tropical Freeze on Wii U is 20 bucks.

An original print, or a Nintendo Select (2nd print) version.

bigtakilla said:
Rafie said:

It's a Nintendo Select. Still plays the same though.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
Rafie said:
bigtakilla said:

Sure then, but I'd rather have an original print. I may be able to find it cheap on ebay or something though...

bigtakilla said:
Rafie said:

Sure then, but I'd rather have an original print. I may be able to find it cheap on ebay or something though...

I hear you. You should definitely be able to find it cheap. It's not like those 2 games are rare or anything. Especially seeing that you can get them anywhere in retail at the moment.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

mZuzek said:
theARTIST0017 said:

this. I honestly believe how old a game is shouldn't be a large determining factor to how much it costs. I mean sure, it should play some part maybe, but overall if a game plays like a $60 game then by all means.

But one thing is for sure, at the end of the day, us gamers are the ones who vote with our wallets what games end up being bought. So the game may end up selling well or it may sell fairly and Nintendo has the advantage now of saying okay, we will have a holiday price special for so and so game! It's business!

One last thing people have to remember that Nintendo developed these games that no one hardly bought! Sure, Donkey is not the biggest name around but if we want more lets support. 60 is high but its okay this is a quality title and is worth every penny. I'm buying.

Though I agree with most of this, I do think raising the price of a game from its original release is quite shitty.

well, can't disagree with you there. I can't say I've seen a game go up in price before. $40 would've been perfect!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .