By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze $60?

is $60 too expensive for Tropical Freeze on the Switch?

yes 66 74.16%

no 23 25.84%

Total:89

On Nintendo's website it'll lead to Amazon, and the price is at $60.

I fail to see how such a simple port somehow justifies the game being $60 when the damn game launched for $50 on the Wii U. If Dark Souls remastered is being put for $40, then there's no reason why this game should be priced similarly to the likes of Odyssey and Breath of the Wild.

If they had DK: Country Returns on I wouldn't be as disappointed, but even then I don't see how the price should be more than $50. 

Around the Network

I'm afraid it's just because Donkey Kong is such a niche IP. No one owned a Wii U, so now we have to pass the cost down to consumers. Thanks Nintendo for exposing some much needed light on the Donkey Kong series, it's always been really under represented and I'm glad to see it's 60$.

Is that official? Last i heard that was just a placeholder on Amazon because it hasnt been announced yet.

It would be pretty bogus if it does end up being $60.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Also does Kirby have a price yet?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Money💰

Around the Network

It should be like 40$. I think that would be a fair price.

Yeah, the price and added content is bogus.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

MK8D atleast has all the DLC included and significant new content, but this yeah I can't really justify it. Nintendo has been quite a bit less consumer friendly with the Switch between full price ports, paid online, high accessory cost, limited online functionality, etc. A bit unfortunate but successful Nintendo is still way better for us overall.

zorg1000 said:
Also does Kirby have a price yet?

I'm seeing $60 everywhere, so going by that and Tropical Freeze, it's safe to say Yoshi Switch will also be $60 despite it's predecessor launching for $40.

As always supply and demand determine the price. If there is no (or not enough) demand, the price will fall.

KLXVER said:
It should be like 40$. I think that would be a fair price.

Agreed. It's an older title that doesn't have the replay value (specifically speaking about multiplayer) that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has.  Regardless if folks missed it or not. It doesn't negate that fact that it's an older title that's being ported.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron