By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All New Microsoft Studio Releases Will be On Xbox Game Pass

Nice. Play anywhere titles included to game pass also work on PC, so you don't need an Xbox console for them.

Is Forza 7 already included in game pass?

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Fascinating. So just subscribe for $10. Play several just released $40 and or $60 games. Then cancel. Only to then do it again when another game comes out.

Just like you could do with Netflix or HBO, and I'm sure people do that. But most people remain subscribed. Subscription models for distribution are gaining steam in every other field of entertainment, and many have just been waiting for the when it would take off for gaming as well.

The interesting thing here will be wether Microsoft's "download the games and play them on your own hardware" or Sony's "stream the games from out servers" model will prove most successful. I think both have some businessadvantages, Sony's model having the primary advantage of you not having to actually own the hardware, while Microsoft's model provides a better gaming experience, but you have to own the hardware.

The ideal solution might be a combination of the two - allow those that own the hardware to download the games, but also have streaming available for those that don't.

This is definitely a move for March 20, ie right before their FY ends. I am not sure how much they will push it in the future though unless they have more releases near the end of quarters lined up.

Another move against retailers, and also not in favor of single player games. Games as a service in full effect. It's a great deal now, but how will it effect future games. More DLC, more multiplayer focused, more early access, anything to drag out engagement with fewer titles to maximize profits. It fits with the buy a few games a year majority.

That's awesome. This will get me to pull the trigger on Game Pass.

Around the Network

Now they need to add all their existing 1st party games to Game Pass.

I won't be surprised if the price increase for Game Pass in the future, this is very good news.

Proud to be a Californian.

But their exclusive games are so rarely good. Are there third party games on gamepass as well? Either way, if you consistently like the exclusives that release for XBO, this sounds like a steal. 

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 23 January 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
Bandorr said:

That would fix the problem I see.  As of now why would anyone NOT just pop in for a month play a game, then drop out.

Even $20 for two months is still a third of the games cost.

I'd assume that's part of the reason for the online multiplayer focus of MS' 1st party. People are more likely to stick around beyond that month if they can't "finish" a game but instead can just keep playing it online.

Excatly. Also, it's a subscribtion so you have to cancel, but many will forget to cancel.

Wow that's a good move by MS. Will probably now pay for XBLG Gamepass and buy 4-5 third parties a year