By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A Depression Thread

I'm going to leave this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhhG6_VPsl4&list=PLTagxffHmpfSRPdJh1LeNEIyXSNkcc_I_

It's a vlog series from Little Kuriboh, a youtuber known for his comedy content. He talks about his depression, how he deals with it and the ups and downs of his daily life.
It's interesting because no one would've ever expected a guy like him, who makes comedy content for a living, struggle so much.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I often get sad for no reason, but never for more than an hour or so. I also can't stay mad at people. I guess I'm just lucky that my emotions change very quickly.

Btw, if you ever fell sad or down or depressed, remember that the internet is full of cat videos!

Ugh, it's pretty bad today unfortunately. I've got a headache, but I'm not sure how to deal with that.

To me the best way to get over depression is really to just work out, I know it's hard to get motivated but seriously the gym is an amazing place once you really get started.

Getting tired actually feels amazing, depression is really draining on the mind but once you start working out it really brings your spirits up. To me, working out is a cathartic experience, it feels like those negative emotions you once had basically just dissipates and escapes from your body.

I was a shut-in, I almost never went out, I stayed in and played games and watched a ton of anime, I felt like I had no purpose in life, it felt kinda pointless to me and I felt drained even though I rarely engaged in physical activity.

I started working out one day on some free trial thing and goddamn the first day felt amazing, I liked feeling tired, feeling the pain, it made me feel as if I was on this plane of existence, I was a lot happier and gaming actually felt fun, anime didn't feel like background noise.

Working out is amazing, it can get really hard to stay motivated and trust me sometimes I really didn't want to go but once you get in there and your adrenaline gets flowing, you feel alive and not as detached from life as I once was.

adisababa said:
To me the best way to get over depression is really to just work out, I know it's hard to get motivated but seriously the gym is an amazing place once you really get started.

Getting tired actually feels amazing, depression is really draining on the mind but once you start working out it really brings your spirits up. To me, working out is a cathartic experience, it feels like those negative emotions you once had basically just dissipates and escapes from your body.

I was a shut-in, I almost never went out, I stayed in and played games and watched a ton of anime, I felt like I had no purpose in life, it felt kinda pointless to me and I felt drained even though I rarely engaged in physical activity.

I started working out one day on some free trial thing and goddamn the first day felt amazing, I liked feeling tired, feeling the pain, it made me feel as if I was on this plane of existence, I was a lot happier and gaming actually felt fun, anime didn't feel like background noise.

Working out is amazing, it can get really hard to stay motivated and trust me sometimes I really didn't want to go but once you get in there and your adrenaline gets flowing, you feel alive and not as detached from life as I once was.

Yeah, my physical activity virtually amounts to 0, that probably doesn't help.

Around the Network

I think that as time goes on, I realize more how much a friend in your vicinity helps. Sometimes I just want to be able to hug and cry on someone, but I don't have any friends so I can't even do that.

Here's a song I thoroughly enjoy, though:

Sometimes I feel like what I need in my life to stop being depressed isn’t quite attainable. What I mean is, maybe I can hold the feeling off for awhile, but it always comes back.

I’m not sure if I’m just going about dealing with my depression the wrong way, or if there’s actually something chronic that I can’t get rid of by normal means.

When I feel this way I can’t really enjoy anything. I don’t want to play games, listen to music, watch anything, etc. It makes me feel like there’s nothing that can pull me out of this.

I just wish I had a foolproof way of releasing these feelings.

Thechalkblock said:
Sometimes I feel like what I need in my life to stop being depressed isn’t quite attainable. What I mean is, maybe I can hold the feeling off for awhile, but it always comes back.

I’m not sure if I’m just going about dealing with my depression the wrong way, or if there’s actually something chronic that I can’t get rid of by normal means.

When I feel this way I can’t really enjoy anything. I don’t want to play games, listen to music, watch anything, etc. It makes me feel like there’s nothing that can pull me out of this.

That's hard to determine, unfortunately there is no catch-all solution. Have you ever tried seeking help?

Thechalkblock said:

Go to a therapist and talk about these issues.
There is no right or wrong ways, there are ways though.
It is about your life, it will cost you.. but it is about your life, it is worth the time and effort. Get real help, not 'keyboard advice'.

my (now ex)gf is bipolar and got diagnosed with it ~6months ago, 3½years of on and off hell/bliss.
(it is not direct depression, but you can get depressed during episodes)
Therapy helps a lot, she is better off now cause she learned of ways to control her condition

if it is a re-occurring thing you should check it up and not brush it off.

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)