By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Things that annoy you

Does this thread need a poll?

Yes 9 37.50%

No 11 45.83%

See results 4 16.67%

Total:24

Life is full of little annoying things. Which are the ones that irritate you the most?

For me (off the top of my head):

• People who replace words in a sentence by emoticons.
  • When there are way too many people smoking in front of a building and you can't get through without holding your breath.
  • Mosquitoes zooming around you're head when your trying to sleep.
  • People who confuse your and you're.
  • When you're eating hazelnuts and you accidently eat one that's rotten. (Rotten hazelnuts are absolutely disgusting.)

Around the Network

VGC and a bear above me...
(I kid, maybe)

1. Anyone who unironically says SJW, leftist/rightist, or any other dumbass political insults

2. Condescending tones

3. Awful opinions - no, not ones I simply disagree with. There’s a difference between something I simply view as incorrect and something I believe is a dangerous opinion.

4. People who can’t have a conversation without using personal insults. If you’re so confident in your opinion then you don’t need to be a dick, Jesus...

Flilix said:

Life is full of little annoying things. Which are the ones that irritate you the most?

For me (off the top of my head):

• People who replace words in a sentence by emoticons.
  • When there are way too many people smoking in front of a building and you can't get through without holding your breath.
  • Mosquitoes zooming around you're head when your trying to sleep.
  • People who confuse your and you're.
  • When you're eating hazelnuts and you accidently eat one that's rotten. (Rotten hazelnuts are absolutely disgusting.)

Holy shit, all of these.

"People who replace words in a sentence by emoticons."

Or how about "XD"?

"When there are way too many people smoking in front of a building and you can't get through without holding your breath."

I absolutely hate this. Why do smokers have the habit of smoking in front or near an entrance/exit. You have to pass through the stench and you come out smelling like an ash tray.

"Mosquitoes zooming around you're head when your trying to sleep."

Especially in the middle of the night. I hunt those fuckers with an electric racket and a torch.

"People who confuse your and you're."

Or lose and loose.

"When you're eating hazelnuts and you accidently eat one that's rotten. (Rotten hazelnuts are absolutely disgusting.)"

Same could be said of all nuts you have to peel.

Some of my own annoyances:

- People walking too slow in front of me.
- Loud music/talking on the train.
- People starting fights/arguments at airports.
- The toilets at work. Some of my colleagues are animals. It always smells like dank swamp arse and there's always piss everywhere. 

when i need to take a shit or pee its disgusting and time consuming

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Why hold your breath? You probably breath more carcinogens an hour than you would get from walking past their smoke.

Because it smells terrible.

People smoking annoy me. But I live in Europe, so I guess I just have to deal with that.

B O I

People that don't go to stores and rely on online completely. So annoying go to the store.

Misuse of the word "literally".

I hate asking a question to someone, only for them to respond with "oh, you didn't know that?" It's like...yeah no shit, why would I ask you otherwise?

People with an 'after-laugh'...or basically making a loud annoying sigh after they laugh. Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

People that yawn loudly in the middle of a conversation. You'd think this is something people stop doing after they enter middle school, but I still see adults in my professional life that do this.

Pointless ellipses at the end of a sentence ...

Forum users that focus on the character of the person they're arguing with, rather than the argument they're making. Whenever I see that happen, I just assume the the former has no argument to begin with, and is coping with their own inability to debate by being a rude dickhole.

People that reply without quoting you. Click the button it's not that hard!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Inconsiderate and/or incompetent people holding up lines and traffic or being a nuisance, primarily.