By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am devastated (again)

SvennoJ said:
If you don't care about anything you'll never be disappointed! Nothing wrong with setting a goal and finding satisfaction in reaching that goal. At least when it's a meaningless goal you'll get over it a lot sooner than if it was something worth while.

It's no different from reaching the end credits of a game, beating a boss, or playing on anything above the easiest difficulty. It's all meaningless, it's a game.

Lasting until you're the last one standing in PUBG is meaningless, yet already 30 million people think it's fun to try and probably care about doing well in the game.

@op Better luck next time, those 99% completed games can be annoying.

Well said brother. 

Around the Network

That sucks man, I would hate for that to happen to me. I'm going for every Final Fantasy Plat, gotten a few already, but if I'm glitched out of a plat I'll be pissed.

Meh, GTA III isn't even that long I played through Eternal Sonata three times to get all the achievements for it something that can be done in two play-throughs.

I can relate since the same thing just happened to me with P5... i am already 220 hours into the game and im gonna have to play it a THIRD time in order to get the platinum because i missed a "thing"... i love the game but im pretty done with it right now.

You will be happier when you start ignoring achivements.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
This is why I always search for information if I care about trophies. Lists of missable trophies for games are easy to find.

Yup! Exactly.

I kind of have the urge to try this again but the thought of doing paramedic level 12 again makes me feel ill.

Meh. Back when I 100% the game (2001) all you had was the satisfaction of 100% the game. Don't make it a bigger deal than it is.

https://media.tenor.com/images/d15a4ad4fa1ee6b9f7836d31a070ad66/tenor.gif

now that you said it I feel like I remember that something like this could happen.

Anyhow, you should always check trophy/achievement lists first for missables. It probably didn't sound like it was missable, but there are sites that would've quickly told you otherwise.