Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am devastated (again)

mZuzek said:
That's why you shouldn't care about trophies or whatever... the satisfaction from playing, or potentially completing a game should come from you know, playing or potentially completing the game, not the system telling you you got a platinum trophy and giving you a pat in the back.

Seriously never understood the appeal of universal achievements. But, to each their own I guess.

This makes no sense because I also get great satisfaction from getting 100% in the game not including the trophies and now I'm forever stuck on 95%.

The platinums are basically just keeping a record of what games you have completed to 100% at least in the case of gta. 

Around the Network

I really hate missable achievements/trophies. Do away with them I say.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 04 January 2018

.... I still don't even understand how trophies work I completely ignore them.

If you don't care about anything you'll never be disappointed! Nothing wrong with setting a goal and finding satisfaction in reaching that goal. At least when it's a meaningless goal you'll get over it a lot sooner than if it was something worth while.

It's no different from reaching the end credits of a game, beating a boss, or playing on anything above the easiest difficulty. It's all meaningless, it's a game.

Lasting until you're the last one standing in PUBG is meaningless, yet already 30 million people think it's fun to try and probably care about doing well in the game.

@op Better luck next time, those 99% completed games can be annoying.

SvennoJ said:
If you don't care about anything you'll never be disappointed! Nothing wrong with setting a goal and finding satisfaction in reaching that goal. At least when it's a meaningless goal you'll get over it a lot sooner than if it was something worth while.

It's no different from reaching the end credits of a game, beating a boss, or playing on anything above the easiest difficulty. It's all meaningless, it's a game.

Lasting until you're the last one standing in PUBG is meaningless, yet already 30 million people think it's fun to try and probably care about doing well in the game.

@op Better luck next time, those 99% completed games can be annoying.

Well said brother. 

Around the Network

That sucks man, I would hate for that to happen to me. I'm going for every Final Fantasy Plat, gotten a few already, but if I'm glitched out of a plat I'll be pissed.

Meh, GTA III isn't even that long I played through Eternal Sonata three times to get all the achievements for it something that can be done in two play-throughs.

think-man said:
That sucks man, I would hate for that to happen to me. I'm going for every Final Fantasy Plat, gotten a few already, but if I'm glitched out of a plat I'll be pissed.

How you doing with that Final Fantasy IX platinum? :P 

I can relate since the same thing just happened to me with P5... i am already 220 hours into the game and im gonna have to play it a THIRD time in order to get the platinum because i missed a "thing"... i love the game but im pretty done with it right now.

You will be happier when you start ignoring achivements.